• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What sizes are you ordering for the Strand and the First Ave? What size do you normally wear in the 5-last balmorals? And what size do you normally wear in the 5-last bluchers?

I only have 5-last Balmoral experience... For the Strand, I am doing an Independence Collection version, and so I am going to be getting a 10.5D. If I had gone with the normal insole and lining, I would have gone with my True-to-Size, 10.5C.

The First Avenue is made on a brand new last actually. It is supposed to have the front end of the 4-Last with the middle and rear of the 5-Last. So, it is essentially the 5-Last with a slightly more generous toe box. They do not have a 10.5C version of this last, so they are going to make me an "Independence Collection" boot to accomodate me and so it will have the thicker Independence Insole and Indy Lining.

I am paying a MTO fee for the boots, Greyson's and Mora's...

-Mike

That is some serous cheddar...i refuse to even think about what you just said..

epc2

Reaction score

I only have 5-last Balmoral experience... For the Strand, I am doing an Independence Collection version, and so I am going to be getting a 10.5D. If I had gone with the normal insole and lining, I would have gone with my True-to-Size, 10.5C.

The First Avenue is made on a brand new last actually. It is supposed to have the front end of the 4-Last with the middle and rear of the 5-Last. So, it is essentially the 5-Last with a slightly more generous toe box. They do not have a 10.5C version of this last, so they are going to make me an "Independence Collection" boot to accomodate me and so it will have the thicker Independence Insole and Indy Lining.

I am paying a MTO fee for the boots, Greyson's and Mora's...

-Mike

Mike, so the You have to change width if you choose the ind. lining ,they fit different?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are you refusing to think about?

...how much scratch you're laying out. ;)

Are you doing three of each in navy and natural?

freakersea

Reaction score
any Australian members here used the AE re-crafting service, if so how was the issue of postage/postage costs approached?

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mdubs so much Carmina goodness to drool over. My hunch is that the shell shortage may end soon and some of these models might be available through Carmina eventually. Question is...do you want to take that chance? I'm debating it as well.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

@mdubs
 so much Carmina goodness to drool over. My hunch is that the shell shortage may end soon and some of these models might be available through Carmina eventually. Question is...do you want to take that chance? I'm debating it as well. 

I am going to get them via Allen Edmonds myself regardless of what Carmina is doing. I personally do not believe that the Shell Shortage is over. We are not talking about that much shell here, probably only 400 pieces of Shell. That really isn't that much.

-Mike

Beach Bum

Reaction score
I posted awhile back asking y'all about AE Promontory Point Boots after buying for cheap at Nordstrom Rack. Anyhow finally wore them today for first time as the cold air blew fast and hard today in Chicago.

Back here to say wow I absolutely love these boots, great job Allen Edmonds. Besides winter boots made for one thing and one thing only, walking in snow, I've never owned a pair of nice (ankle) boots to wear for work, on street, etc... until now.

Sorry no pics but just want to add they fit great (took out the foot liners day I bought them). No break in time. Look great. Are warm. Worked great with jeans walking the little ones around trick or treating, and earlier in work slacks.

Again just want to post since got some great feedback re these boots when I posted here months ago. Finally own a great pair of boots!!

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am going to get them via Allen Edmonds myself regardless of what Carmina is doing. I personally do not believe that the Shell Shortage is over. We are not talking about that much shell here, probably only 400 pieces of Shell. That really isn't that much.

-Mike

Understandable. I've been trying to justify getting some non AE shoes but they keep pulling me back

I'll probably one pair through the offer. Debating between a Leeds, MacNeil or Dundee in navy. I'll admit I thought about the first Ave and Mora 2.0 myself but can't quite justify the extra $125.

arepaberry

Reaction score
Today while wearing my strands, I was feeling some discomfort at the heel when I got home and inspected the shoe, I noticed there was a whole right at the heel, between the welt and the shoe. It is hard to explain. What should I do?

rostov

Reaction score
Updated family photo with my new GMTO ECs!

c834d028e07c62eb20844e8b8ce78105.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads