• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score

Hahah a lot of time when I wear shoes without socks I just tell my friends im too poor to afford socks after spending so much money on shoes.

Lol all too true. I know I can't be the only one who can trump the other half's shoe costs!

BillyMcGee

Reaction score
I just picked up some cordovan Leeds for a good price. Is there any way to tell if they've been recrafted? Not that it matters much but I'm just curious.
Yeah they put a small hammer symbol on the sole near the heel when they recraft. Similar to the shoe symbol used to identify seconds

Gavilan

Reaction score
Here are some examples of the hammer symbol on recrafted soles:

Last edited:

CameronSon

Reaction score
I know we are still in the throes of the shell sale, but can anyone comment on what the Rediscover America sale has offered in terms of deals in the past? Is this the 2 for 300 for seconds sale, or are there other discounts? Thanks!
There will be 13 styles included in this sale, some up to 33% off.

It'll be good, and I'm definitely waiting for it. :)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are en route to me. Will fill a nice gap in my wardrobe

Byron in Chocolate Brown Suede

Those look great!

I'm hoping to get a pair of dark brown suede boots or captoes in the future. Suede has really grown on me!

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great!

I'm hoping to get a pair of dark brown suede boots or captoes in the future. Suede has really grown on me!
They are exactly what I'd been wanting for suede. A balmoral shoe, with a punch cap toe, and no medallion.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and definitely new to the AE world I'm sure most of you have seen this already but I found this info on the RDA sale this year sorry if it's been posted already. (I believe this is legit, I apologize if it's not) https://www.behance.net/gallery/18379345/Allen-Edmonds-Cataloging-Rediscover-America-Sale-2014

Definitely looks legit. Some great options on the long Branch and the bleeker street, McGregor and gobi look pretty awesome. I think they should have gone with a shortwing blucher but whatever. Thanks for sharing.

Pochette

Reaction score

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that CXL long branch is gorgeous! Makes me more pissed that they did the welt in black. Why did they have to do that in black!!!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleecker St. Looks good. What last is that on? 108?

Also, I thought Paul told us the McGregor was going to be a shortwing! That males 3 longwings in the lineup, but no shortwing blucher!

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
It is extremely disappointing. If that gumlite wasn't so think it might look ok with the black, as any lug sole on the Dalton is going to be black. But thats just to much black and it throws it off. Having a hard time looking past it or I"d be in for one. Franciscan in Bobs Chili might be the go to for me. If I had to pick just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads