• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did somebody do a review on the MaCallister vs Jefferson?

This seems like a great opportunity to put some MTO options on the Jeffersons as well.

Last edited:

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Ok. Looking for a bit of help for those that buy a lot of 2nds. This is the 1st pair I've worn somewhat regularly. 3 times in 2 weeks. They are Dundee 2nds and the SA said they looked good. I couldn't find much other than an odd wrinkle so decided they were keepers. Them today I looked down (because it's hard to stop gazing upon them) and saw this.
mujyzy9u.jpg

The welt stitching has pulled up. And some adjacent ones towards the toe look loose as well.

The question is is this a normal 2nds issue? As I was understanding they were 2nds from cosmetics and not structural issues. Which in my option this is or would lead to a structural problem. If folks had this happen to them and it's normal then I won't bring it up to my SA. I'm sure a recraft will take care of it anyways.

I went back and looked at the picture he sent before I purchased and it's not apparent in those pictures.

Thanks for the help!

Contact the store/SA that sold you the shoes to see if they can help. I don't think it's a structural issue, it's something that a local cobbler can also fix.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok. Looking for a bit of help for those that buy a lot of 2nds. This is the 1st pair I've worn somewhat regularly. 3 times in 2 weeks. They are Dundee 2nds and the SA said they looked good. I couldn't find much other than an odd wrinkle so decided they were keepers. Them today I looked down (because it's hard to stop gazing upon them) and saw this.
mujyzy9u.jpg

The welt stitching has pulled up. And some adjacent ones towards the toe look loose as well.

The question is is this a normal 2nds issue? As I was understanding they were 2nds from cosmetics and not structural issues. Which in my option this is or would lead to a structural problem. If folks had this happen to them and it's normal then I won't bring it up to my SA. I'm sure a recraft will take care of it anyways.

I went back and looked at the picture he sent before I purchased and it's not apparent in those pictures.

Thanks for the help!

I had a stitch like that on a pair of shoes I had resoled by B Nelson and I called them just to make sure I would not harm the shoe by cutting it and he said no- though he seemed to suggest burning it off. I am not sure if they stitch diff than AE...though the others coming lose may signify a bigger problem...also it appears to be some some slight separating on the upper sole/welt line. How many times have you worn these? Are you really tough on the toes of your shoes generally?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Singleton is on the same last as the Randolph, which is the 9 last. The Saunders and Sanderson are on the 2 last.
Thanks for the info on the 9 last. Looks to be a good last for me.I don't think I have any 9 last shoes. Loafers are tricky and these fit fantastic. I'm wearing these today on a dress down friday (maiden voyage!):

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Quote:
I had a stitch like that on a pair of shoes I had resoled by B Nelson and I called them just to make sure I would not harm the shoe by cutting it and he said no- though he seemed to suggest burning it off. I am not sure if they stitch diff than AE...though the others coming lose may signify a bigger problem...also it appears to be some some slight separating on the upper sole/welt line. How many times have you worn these? Are you really tough on the toes of your shoes generally?
Interesting. I'll call up my SA and ask his opinion. Just would hate for them to start unraveling. And it's a bit noticeable. Other than that I love them. I've had them out about 3 days now. Yesterday was probably the most walking as I was back and forth downtown. I wouldn't say I'm unusually hard on my toes. I can snap a pic of the bottom though.

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score

mujyzy9u.jpg

Thanks for the help!

I have welt stitching on the left shoe of my 2nds Strawfuts that seems to have missed the welt and runs right on the edge of the shoe:

I was worried about the stitching coming loose until I called in and the SA said that it shouldn't be an issue and if it becomes one, they'll recraft it at no charge because "That's the beauty of what we do here." Put my mind at ease solidified another life customer by going above and beyond. Hope this helps!

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the outlet site to see live inventory or do we still have to email the shoe bank for size listing?

mmmtttt

Reaction score
Would someone mind Pming me the list for 10E from that link, cant open it at work for some reason, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics