• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leather

Reaction score
I got a pair of Mora originals from the 2 for 250 sale. They are firsts and look pretty nice. Does anyone know the difference between the original Mora vs Mora 2.0?

OptoDoc

Reaction score
The code is on the back page of the catalog. They seem to be individual, one-time use only.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't even notice. Mines on my coffee table 500 miles away. For $220 I'll def be ordering something that's for sure. Bout time for some Jeffersons possibly. Always lusted after them.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Why can't edit posts in Tapatalk. Obviously Jeffersons wouldn't be 220.

SimplyLime

Reaction score
Is Mora 2.0 on a bigger/longer last? I fit perfectly on a 9D Verona loafers but I keep seeing reviews
about the double monk that it runs longer. So im not sure which to get. 8.5D or 9D?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

The code is on the back page of the catalog. They seem to be individual, one-time use only.

Mine doesn't appear to have the code on the back page. I guess the code must be issued to select customers. Good for my wallet though.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Is Mora 2.0 on a bigger/longer last? I fit perfectly on a 9D Verona loafers but I keep seeing reviews
about the double monk that it runs longer. So im not sure which to get. 8.5D or 9D?

Do you know your size in any other AE lasts? I take a 9D in just about every AE last, but find the 108 last (I own the Mora 2.0 and Clark Street) to be perhaps the best fitting. I also wear 9D in the 65 last, but it feels like the heel area is a little bit wider than the 108. The forefoot area feels about the same to me.

SimplyLime

Reaction score
Do you know your size in any other AE lasts? I take a 9D in just about every AE last, but find the 108 last (I own the Mora 2.0 and Clark Street) to be perhaps the best fitting. I also wear 9D in the 65 last, but it feels like the heel area is a little bit wider than the 108. The forefoot area feels about the same to me.

I'm not sure about Verona's last but:

"The Verona II is a member of our Italian Collection, which is handcrafted using Bologna construction and has been known to have a slightly more snug fit."

But I also asked a while ago that the Mora 2.0 is a member of the Italian collection so I guess its safe to say that 9D could be a good fit.

About the heel, is it just a minor thing? It won't really affect the shoe in the long run right?

Also:

1) Can't decide which to get
This

or

Thoughts? Inputs?
I still don't work but in a year or so. It doesn't hurt dressing up right?

2) Could this shoe(Rush Street) be used in business settings? Do you gents think this shoe is appropriate enough for business wear? It looks really good

Mark_Y

Reaction score

2) Could this shoe(Rush Street) be used in business settings? Do you gents think this shoe is appropriate enough for business wear? It looks really good
Define business wear. If you're talking chinos or nice slacks and button down or polo, most definitely. A suit, not so much.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Verona's last but: [COLOR=625B54]"The Verona II is a member of our Italian Collection, which is handcrafted using Bologna construction and has been known to have a slightly more snug fit."[/COLOR] But I also asked a while ago that the Mora 2.0 is a member of the Italian collection so I guess its safe to say that 9D could be a good fit. About the heel, is it just a minor thing? It won't really affect the shoe in the long run right?
The Mora 2.0 is not part of the Italian collection. I don't really know how the Italian collection fits, but since they are supposed to be more snug, it's possible that you may need a 9.5D in the Mora 2.0. I described the 108 last having a slightly narrower heel compared to the 65 last to offer a comparison. Since you don't appear to have any experience with the 65 last, it isn't going to help you much until you've tried on some of the AE lasts.
Also: 1) Can't decide which to get This or Thoughts? Inputs? I still don't work but in a year or so. It doesn't hurt dressing up right?
I'd go with the brown/brown one. It should be much more versatile.
I like the Rush Street a lot, but probably would not wear it in a business setting. Maybe business casual.

SimplyLime

Reaction score
The Mora 2.0 is not part of the Italian collection. I don't really know how the Italian collection fits, but since they are supposed to be more snug, it's possible that you may need a 9.5D in the Mora 2.0. I described the 108 last having a slightly narrower heel compared to the 65 last to offer a comparison. Since you don't appear to have any experience with the 65 last, it isn't going to help you much until you've tried on some of the AE lasts.
I'd go with the brown/brown one. It should be much more versatile.
I like the Rush Street a lot, but probably would not wear it in a business setting. Maybe business casual.

Yes, I don't have much experience on AE as I have only bought once from them. But this sale is hopefully going to expand my AE collection.

Yes that's what i thought too brown on brown is much easier

Also, anyone here know major differences between the AE patriot and mcgraw?

Last edited:

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1) Can't decide which to get This or Thoughts? Inputs? I still don't work but in a year or so. It doesn't hurt dressing up right? 2) Could this shoe(Rush Street) be used in business settings? Do you gents think this shoe is appropriate enough for business wear? It looks really good
I love my blue/brown Strawfuts. Great summer shoe. The brown may be more versatile, but I like the contrast - but you have to be OK with being out there a little bit. The Rush Street would be business casual only. I would do slacks / sport coat, etc. but definitely not a suit.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The last list I had showed plenty of Bourbon Mora 2.0 in my size at least, like 20+. IMO this shoe is the star of the show.

Totally agree. I would jump on this if I hadn't just ordered a pair of Loake's in light brown suede!

Now I find myself almost wondering if I should have bought these instead or whether I should pick up a pair in black anyway. A blank monkstrap feels like a bit of a waste, though it wouldn't if it doubled as an interview shoe!

ElDave

Reaction score
Is the concensus that Mora 2.0 (108 last) sizing is the same as Park Avenue (5 last) sizing?

SimplyLime

Reaction score
I love my blue/brown Strawfuts. Great summer shoe. The brown may be more versatile, but I like the contrast - but you have to be OK with being out there a little bit.

The Rush Street would be business casual only. I would do slacks / sport coat, etc. but definitely not a suit.

Brown on brown is currently out of stock so i'm gonna probably get blue on brown Strawfuts.

I'm getting patriot suede loafers, Strawfuts and was thinking of picking up another more business casual however,
I could not decide between Mora 2.0 bourbon or the Rush Street.

Anyone care to share their experiences with both of these shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads