1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanagi

yanagi Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of black Park Avenues from Nordstrom last month for $308. I couldn't pass up burgundy Nathans / Fifth Avenues for $213.50.

2. pudman43

pudman43 Well-Known Member

Polish them with dark brown, and carefully a bit of black on the toe now and then. I did similar and these are my Walnut Strands now (no flash). J
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

PSA: We're making good progress on several Eagle County MTOs at a sale price of $260!

Anyone interested needs to let me know TONIGHT as I'll be contacting Allison in the morning. More details and discussion at the MTO thread.

Makeup #1 - Brown Grain (currently at 11 with a couple on the fence, I expect we'll hit 1

Makeup #2 - Chili Grain (>13)

Makeup #3 - Oxblood - currently at 6, assuming Brown Grain goes over 12. Otherwise, we'll have 13 for this make up.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  4. SteveH35

SteveH35 Well-Known Member

HI guys,

About to buy a pair of Navy Cronmoks from the Black Friday sale -- had a size question. The only other pair of AE's I have are Shell Dundees, size 10. They fit well and if anything are slightly roomy. How does the 65 Cronmok last fit comparatively? Should I stick with the 10 or go down to 9.5?

Thanks,
    Steve

5. waters

waters Member

Can't speak to the dundees, but my neumok's seems true to size. About to pull the trigger on a blue pair myself.

6. waters

waters Member

All styles on the BF sale now say sold out on the AE website.

Edit: appears fixed now

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  7. freakersea

freakersea Well-Known Member

anyone own both the Shaker Heights and the Dalton?, wanting a size, fit comparison. am a 10.5D in the shaker heights and have researched the Dalton as much as possible but seems to be swarms of conflicting info about it running narrow or true to size etc. so boot wise the shaker heights is my closest point of reference.

Based in Australia so cant waltz into a store for a fitting so need to be 100% before purchasing,

also if someone has some excellent walnut Daltons in whatever size turns out right that they want to sell hit me up, the AUD/US exchange rate is a bit painful at the moment so new pair is ideal but very heavy on the wallet

8. JMS1

JMS1 Member

I just purchased my first pair of AE's. Walnut Brown Sanford's off ebay. Paid $75. Not sure if that's a good deal or not but I don't care. They're the ones I wanted.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I am a 13D in Shaker Heights(dress socks) and 13E in Dalton...I have owned 13D Daltons and my foot overspilled the footbed slightly. With the 13E I get no heel slip and it fits really well both in length and width.

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Love those. It's possible that you could have found it for cheaper eventually, but there's nothing quite like getting exactly what you want when you want it. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. JMS1

JMS1 Member

The Sanford's look exactly like the Strand's to me except for the number of eyelets. Is the only other difference the last that was used in manufacture?

12. jubu

jubu Well-Known Member

Quite different....the brogue and mainly that one is a blucher....here's the Strand in Walnut for reference...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Well-Known Member

Yeah, so I'm pretty infatuated with my Shell MacNeils.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

As you should be! Are those #8 or Black? I can't tell from the pic, but I have an idea they won't be your last pair of shell.

15. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

got a couple pairs in from the shoebank. for the canadians in here who haven't yet ordered, my fees were GST + $10 FedEx fee

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

You paid $10 Fed ex fee? WTF! I paid shipping from AE PLUS a fee of $40 from Fed ex..

17. jubu

jubu Well-Known Member

Sweet pair of shoes! Been eyeing a pair in my size on the Shoebank for a while now but I'm hoping to see it fall from the $499 price before I jump on them...

18. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Well-Known Member

These are #8.

I got mine on the 20% off sale. So, $399.

19. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

So I know the AE sportcoats aren't well reviewed and at $400 quite a lot of money for something with a poor cut (they are half and fully canvassed btw) but I came across this made-in-USA charcoal wool dress pant on sale for $99.
    http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SFAE8001_1_40000000001_-1?style=AE8001

I've got a pair of charcoal pants already but somebody may want to give these a try. Looks like AE moved their production elsewhere for the subsequent batches but they have some of this model left!

20. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

where can I find the 20% off code?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.