1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjyoung

tjyoung Senior member

I had this email exchange with my SA:

Me: any sales going on today for factory seconds?

Her: The sale started on 11/21/14 did you see those?

Me: not sure - last year there was a $99 closeout sale. anything like that going on? the sale i saw was $199 and $299 firsts. nothing too interesting to me...

Her: No nothing like last year

2. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Yes it works at Allen Edmonds whether retail, online, outlets or Shoebank.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  3. njruss

njruss Senior member

How do you get the 50 off 200 deal? Do you need to register or have an invite? Only good on BF?

4. jubu

jubu Senior member

Log into your AMEX CC account and activate the coupon...then use your AMEX Card to make the >$200 purchase at AE...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Crossposting from MTO thread (sorry):

Rostov, Thank you for taking the reins on the Eagle River GMTO here. I think this is HUGE news. That we can get EAGLE COUNTY (river) GMTO boots 1st quality for $260 is insane!!! We should have tons of takers. Enough for 3 makeups!!!

Olive Suede

Oxblood (or merlot, dark brown, or some other dark calf)

Maybe a grain? Like chili or dark brown grain.

Come on, all of you who had non buyer's remorse from the last round of Eagle GMTOs, now is your chance to get an even better bargain!

Hell, remember GOPShoeguy's gorgeous bourbon calf boots? I would think that we could easily get 12 cats to spring for a pair of those at $260.

Anyone interested, please head on over to the AE MTO thread. :)

6. egd33

egd33 Member

Buy a $200 AE giftcard or e-giftcard from the main site to lock in the AMEX offer. I bought 3 of them using 3 different amex cards. $600 in GC for $450. I bought a pair of fifth ave from the shoebank the other day using one with no issues.

7. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Brilliant. I will do the same.

8. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Anyone looking for the basic staple shoes may want to check out Jos A Bank today. Their AE's are marked down to $258.00, with an additional 20% off a purchase of $100.00 or more. That brings them down to $207.00 for first quality AE's. You will still have to pay shipping, but it's a great way to get 1st quality staple shoes for the price of a pair of seconds.

For those that don't know, the Boardroom is Jos A Bank's exclusive version of the Park Avenue. The Boardroom is made on the 7-97 last instead of the 5-65.

The Nathan is Jos A Bank's exclusive version of the 5th Avenue. The Nathan is made on the 8-108 last instead of the 5-65.

These are good to consider if the 5-65 last isn't great for your foot, or if you struggle with the bowing issues that some people get due to the instep on the 5-65 last.

I've gone this route, as the 5-65 isn't my favorite fitting last.

Also, the stubby cap that some complain about with the Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue isn't quite as pronounced on these in my opinion, due to the difference in last shape. Some may disagree.

Everything else about Jos A Bank's AE's are the exact same as standard AE's (leather sole with rubber heel, leather insole, etc.). I appreciate that they didn't change the standard quality materials for these models the way Brooks Brothers did.

If all your staples are taken care of, then carry on. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

How long is this AMEX offer and is it valid for Canadian AMEX customers too?

10. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I believe it is thru 12/31 but you'll have to check your account to see if you're eligible

11. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Sorry if this was asked and answered already, but has anyone tried to apply the AmEx $50 to a GMTO, and if so what result?

12. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

How does the 7-97 compare to the 5-65? The 65 fits me pretty well.
    Edit:
    The 7-Last (97) is the best fit for the average foot, but also lays flatter in the toe area. By selecting shoes manufactured on the same last that most resembles the contours of one’s feet, customers will achieve a superior fit

The welted 7-97 last is less narrow than the 5 last and lays flatter in the toe area. The 7-97 last is often a good fit for an average foot where the 5 last can be better for a more narrow foot.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I think it is essentially the next charge that hits your card from AE is where it gets applied...as far as I know you do not get to select what order it is on. I could be wrong though but that has been my interpretation of it.

14. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Half - i just added the $50 amex deal to my card. I read it to mean you will be charged full price at the time of purchase and then amex will subsequently issue a statement credit for $50. I do not believe the credit is applied at the time of purchase. I believe this is similar to other amex promotions of the past, i.e. small business saturday. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

15. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

I did but haven't seen the results yet. However, I'm confident it will go through. All that Amex looks for is a charge over $200 to Allen Edmonds.

16. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Does JAB ever ship sale items to Canada? The Boardroom is a decent deal right now, and I like the 7-Last, but "due to low inventory", they aren't shipping internationally.

17. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I did. Actually I didn't have to do anything. I just activated the coupon in my AmEx app, and when the charge hit for my navy EC boots, the credit automatically applied.

18. rc121

rc121 Senior member

You just need to make sure that AE charges you prior to the expiration of the deal, I'd just buy a $200 gift card if it was getting close to January.

19. TLHouston

TLHouston Active Member

Hello AE connoisseurs!

I recently purchased a Strand in walnut, but I also have a McAllister in walnut. Now I'm favoring the Strand much more than the McAllister. I'm looking for the best way to darken the McAllisters as close to a bourbon finish as I can. I know this may seem crazy, but I have 14 pairs of AEs, so no worries. Any suggestions? Thank you MUCH!

20. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Senior member

When I bought my Gobis in store on Wednesday, I received an email less than 10 minutes later that said "Congrats! You just used your Amex Offer." The credit hit my account yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.