1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

It's very close to Alden #8 in color, but more of a matt than glossy finish.

2. JMS1

JMS1 Member

Thanks Mike. Great info.

3. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Maiden voyage of my Merlot Mcallister vtread[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Very nice! I just spent the long holiday weekend in NOLA. I should have paid more attention to people's shoes - I mighta spotted you or Half or other SF brethren there. By the way, I was the one in brown shell AE Cole loafers.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  5. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Hope you had a good weekend! I was at the allen edmonds in canal place on Fridays looking at shoes. Didn't see any one wearing shells though.

6. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Bwn shell strands on public transit:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Shoes look great - gents...sporting the Bayfield GMTO...great boot amazing comfort..

8. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Me too!

9. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Thanks for rubbing it in...

However mine have shipped :) Can't wait.

10. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Wow! I assumed you had received yours by now. Glad to hear they are on the way to you. They are exquisite!

You did receive your Townleys, right? Mine came in last week.

11. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Yea, its been a brutal wait. I was more excited about the Bayfields than Townleys. However if I had known about the trunk show I would have passed on the Townleys. I did get those about two weeks ago though and they ended up being 2nds which was a bummer. I tried to see if I could do a remake in natural but no dice. So kept them as 2nds. On the fence whether to keep them or not though and see what the market is like for them.

12. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

bummer! What was the issue on the Townleys?

13. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

14. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:There were a few minor things that just added up. One was a somewhat misaligned eye stay which seems to be somewhat common now for AE on bluchers. I was thinking maybe it will fix itself with some wear and different lacing. The others were not fixable. Some errant stitching on the counter that went through some of the brogue holes. The a bulge, I guess you could call it, where the counter meet the quarter on the inside of one the shoes [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Stitching on the right. [​IMG] Same shoe, lower down. [​IMG] Eyelets [​IMG] The cap toe also had some non parallel stitching but it wasn't to bad so I didn't point that out.

15. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Ha, well the wedding kinda wiped me out. I would have loved to have over spent during the trunk show. Once the accounts recover I'll be good. I had to get creative for one in natural. I wouldn't be to sad if the Townleys left. However I think they'll work well in my biz casual workplace.

16. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Do shells size the same as calf?

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

In theory yes...however I find my shell to fit slightly looser...problem is if you scale back the width then you run into a situation were your foot over spills the footbed. I still size the same though as the footbed is the issue for me on the 511 last for example.

Generally they can not pull shell as tight as calf.

18. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

I have found the same thing, unfortunately. 3 purchases of shells so far and all are too loose. I have size 11E instead of 11 1/2 D coming to try from the Shoe Bank.

19. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

That is also my issue in that there is no 12 1/2 to scale back to...I have gone to wearing thicker socks from Wigwam and been very happy with the results...also the AE ortho insert works well for my leeds in warmer weather to snug them up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Quote:
    Me Three!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.