• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the person who has probably done the most MTOs here, I feel it is my responsibility to tell you how absolutely outstanding their customer service has been. I have worked with Allison and Deborah to do at least 8 MTOs and their customer device has been outstanding each and every time. Add to that the 3 custom neumoks and we're at a dozen or so. They have both been responsive and professional in every encounter. Many of my orders have been full-priced shell. AE is not making as much money as you think. They are set up for mass manufacturing, so the time it take to hunt down old patterns and do special makeups can be insane. They are doing this as a service for loyal customers. Think about the sheer volume of orders they are receiving and cut them some slack. Pick up the phone and call. You may not get through the first time but that's probably because I am on the phone with them.

Last edited:

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh look - walnut shell MacNeils. Did they take a long time? Yes! Did they take two tries to get right? Yes! Did they get them exactly right? Yes! Where they worth every penny and every day I waited? Absolutely! Does anyone else have a pair like me? Only GOP Guy because he recognizes greatness when he sees it (no offense GOP guy - I think you are awesome)

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Oh look - walnut shell MacNeils. Did they take a long time? Yes! Did they take two tries to get right? Yes! Did they get them exactly right? Yes! Where they worth every penny and every day I waited? Absolutely! Does anyone else have a pair like me? Only GOP Guy because he recognizes greatness when he sees it (no offense GOP guy - I think you are awesome)

Lol. Nice shoes. Enjoy them!

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score
So I got my new suede stands in and one shoe feels ever so slightly loose at the heel. Like when I walk my heel lifts up inside the shoe maybe a hair. Tried on my park aves and have the same problem. Could it be that I wasn't properly fitted at the AE store? I don't recall any lifting at the store. FYI neither shoe is broken in yet.

Last edited:

MMoon24

Reaction score
Ordered me some Black Park Avenues today at the shoe bank. Hope there isn't anything noticeable wrong and hope the bad weather doesn't delay the shipment too long.

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

want

Jackboot

Reaction score
I need a new pair of chukkas and these clearance prices seem pretty good.

Opinions on Mojave vs Amok?

Mojave ($177, crepe sole):

Amok ($147, leather sole):

I've read a few reviews which complained about the Amoks quickly developing a squeak. Does anyone know if AE have addressed the squeaking problem?

Last edited:

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score

Does anyone else have a pair like me? Only GOP Guy because he recognizes greatness when he sees it (no offense GOP guy - I think you are awesome)
I know a winner when I see one.

And, imitation is the best form of flattery. :)

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been trying to do a simple MTO since January 14th. That is insane to me. It should not be this difficult. I am pretty frustrated at this point. I literally email 5 or 6 times for every 1 response I get. I have emailed 3 times saying the specs are a go and cannot get a response. I know people are busy, but 30 days for a simple CXL makeup...I am over it and moving on. AE has lost me on this one

Just sent my final specs in yesterday. We shall see about the response time. If my new EG mto beats my them to market, I will promptly go to church as the apocalypse is upon us.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone is aware that Allison's job isn't just to cater to our MTO orders, right?

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally Allison has always been great to work with, this outcome isn't surprising. As the thread grows and mto becomes more popular, Allison will certainly become busier. I think there are many forum members who have been placing orders since the programs inception. Perhaps some of us became use to the quick turn around times. Simply requires an adjustment of expectations.

BlindMelons

Reaction score

I received my rush streets yesterday afternoon and I have mixed feelings. The look is just what I expected it to be but the leather around the laces and heel were in VERY poor shape. It might be hard to see because of the lighting. Also, they apparently run a half size long so they are going back as an exchange. I'm giving them another shot on the quality in a smaller size.

Pastor

Reaction score

Just sent my final specs in yesterday. We shall see about the response time. If my new EG mto beats my them to market, I will promptly go to church as the apocalypse is upon us.

You should come to my place. I've converted just about all of our guys to wearing AE's.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to my city is being inundated by all star game attendees. It amazes me that even in a restaurant associated with fine dining the overwhelming amount of gentlemen wearing horrible shoes. It is truly an epidemic.

Last edited:

BL70

Reaction score
Had a chance to wear these around and decided the fit was good enough to keep. I think the slight heel slip is from my skinny ankles. Never thought much about it I think because all previous shoes were bluchers (before I knew what that meant). I also have tongue pads but not sure they are needed yet. Black are the Harrisons (firsts from amazon) along with walnut fifth avenue from the seconds sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics