1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

2. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

No I haven't had any. All I did when I received them was put AE Cleaner / Conditioner on them then used neutral paste wax.

Chris

3. tjyoung

tjyoung Senior member

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Navy ec yes very much so...two applications of the leather lotion and it was gone, my shakers same but neither were as loud as the ec navy...have not out the merlot through the paces yet.

5. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

I use the AE shoe polish on my Moras but they don't shine as much as I would like. Any thoughts? I recently used the kiwi shoe shine liquid on one of my throwaway Robert Waynes and was pleased with the results. Should i do the same with my Moras or is that blasphemous. Also afraid the kiwi brown might be too light in shade compared to
    Brown Burnished Calf shade. Suggestions?​

6. area3400

area3400 Member

nm

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  7. dave42

dave42 Member

From an email I just received re: the DC trunk show:

Visit the Allen Edmonds - Connecticut Avenue store and be the first to see our new limited time Cordovan colors including: Natural Brown, Navy, Deep Dark Brown, and Bottle Green. In addition, we will have our usual Cherry, Black, and Dark Walnut available.

All colors are available on a first come first serve basis. Special color orders on select styles will be done at regular cordovan pricing.
    All orders will be shipped by December 22nd.

Wonder what Cherry and Dark Walnut are. Those aren't "usual", are they? Was expecting that sentence to read "we will have our usual Brown, Black, and Burgundy available.

8. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Senior member

Just came home to find these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Looking good, no seconds mark. Maybe a store floor model and was tried on. Nice score!

10. Josh Savage

I noticed that too (no seconds mark). Maybe I lucked out and got a first quality for $399!

11. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

Cherry and Dark Walnut are just the regular burgundy and brown cordovan that they've had all along. I'm not sure anyone knows why they're being referred to as Cherry and Dark Walnut in the emails that have been sent out.

12. Josh Savage

Had to get one of them on. Look okay with brown pants?

[​IMG]

13. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Is there a color difference between the left and right shoes? The picture makes it look like the left shoe has faded somewhat.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Quote:They look great and the reason they are probably seconds is the mis-aligned eyelets on the right shoe..lace them in traditional style and it probably wont be of aby notice..either way I would be keeping those especially as it seems a nice lighter shade..

Frack why does all my #8 and Burgundy shell look frigin brown or black...I want COLOR!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  15. Josh Savage

May be the lighting. They look closer in real life than in the picture.
    I think you are right. I re-laced them. It does feel like the right shoe is slightly tighter. Would the off-set eyelets make that difference? I am definitely keeping them. Even with the small flaw, they are very comfortable and I love the color.

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@Josh Savage it shouldn't make it feel tighter but who knows..My right foot is a touch bigger than my left and in certain shoes I notice it and others I don't - I would not return those either - they look great.

17. slimjohnil6

slimjohnil6 Active Member

This is always a sweet moment. I came home a few weeks ago and found the brown box waiting for me -- Shell Leeds (2nd, $325 -- beautiful!)

18. ATL AE STORE

ATL AE STORE New Member

Come get your Shoestache or kiltie at our Park Place location in Atlanta!

4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
    Atlanta, GA 30346

[​IMG]

19. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

What is wrong with you? Are you trying to ruin a perfectly decent pair of shoes?

20. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

There's a burgundy cordovan Dalton in 9D available at the shoebank for $439.20. Somebody needs to get on that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.