• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
Why aren't the Hamptons shown more love? Every shoe shouldn't look the same; shouldn't there be some style differences? Chiseled toes and varied wingtips are one way to bring some variety without completely redesigning a shoe. I actually think the toe on this shoe is sweet - different, yes - but a welcome change from cap toe and short wing styles.

The first shots I can really see of the shoe, actually. Thoughts?
I really like the variation in the color of the upper. Not so sure I like the toe better than a normal wingtip, but if I could buy those exact shoes, I probably would.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I called FED ex. I"m getting charged 40 bucks by fedex. Taxes and brokerage fees..
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

That sucks, I luckily never got a bill when buying from Allen Edmonds (also in Canada), guess I'm just lucky...

I got charged $27 on my pair of Leeds that arrived yesterday. All in with shipping, the FedEx fees and the brutal exchange they cost me $425 CAD. Still much less compared to retail on a near flawless pair of cordovan shoes.

Hit them with some reno and Mac method before putting them on this morning. Only a bit of color came off with the reno so I think past today I will just stick with the Mac method as it looks like these aren't as caked with product as some other peoples cordovan shoes have come.

andruszko

Reaction score
Hmm...so there is a seconds sale coming up? I may have started shoe shopping at the opportune time. Any idea when these sales start? I'm going to be making some trips today and tomorrow to figure out my proper sizing in a few different styles.

mmmtttt

Reaction score
Hmm...so there is a seconds sale coming up? I may have started shoe shopping at the opportune time. Any idea when these sales start? I'm going to be making some trips today and tomorrow to figure out my proper sizing in a few different styles.

it is currently running.

bgp001

Reaction score
Thinking of doing a Promontory Point MTO, what do you guys think of this make-up?

Burnished merlot calf, extra burnishing on toe/heel
Split reverse natural welt
Natural edge dressing
Leather midsole
Mini-lug outsole
Independence lining and insole
Contrast natural stitching
Antiqued brass eyelets with 2 speedhooks
Natural laces
Brogue strip on captoe (ala Fifth Avenue-don't know if they would be willing to do this)

andruszko

Reaction score
The sale's going already. Is there someone in particular I should call seeing as emails were backed up? And how do I find who to call. Sorry for so many questions but I'm very new to this.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

The sale's going already.  Is there someone in particular I should call seeing as emails were backed up?  And how do I find who to call.  Sorry for so many questions but I'm very new to this.

262-284-7158 call that number. The person I spoke to was Jean but it may vary

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Thinking of doing a Promontory Point MTO, what do you guys think of this make-up?

Natural edge dressing
Leather midsole
Mini-lug outsole
Natural laces
Brogue strip on captoe (ala Fifth Avenue-don't know if they would be willing to do this)

Nice make up bgp. I want a more dressy look. I'm going with brown burnished calf, flat welt, dainite sole and indy lining/insole. Didn't think about the brogue strip on captoe, GREAT IDEA, I'm going to ask to see if it's possible as well.

mmmtttt

Reaction score

Natural edge dressing
Leather midsole
Mini-lug outsole
Natural laces

Mind posting in the thread if they say yes or no for the brogue strip on cap ? I always really liked the look of the eastland monroe and it would be amazing to make a promontory MTO with it.

Last edited:

SkySaw

Reaction score
I question your comment about duties. I'm Canadian, have bought numerous pairs of AE shoes which I've fully declared while driving back into Canada, and have only EVER been billed the Cdn taxes - zero duty. In fact the Nexus declaration form I usually complete combines shoes and clothing - both show zero duty if made in the US. Please explain why you differ?
You are right, or rather I was wr...wr...incorrect about duties. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that US made shoes were subject to Canadian duties, but I can't find where I read that now, although I did find information that suggests that US made shoes are duty-exempt.

I guess that the extra fee from Fedex was all just Cdn taxes and brokerage.

bgp001

Reaction score
Mind posting in the thread if they say yes or no for the brogue strip on cap ? I always really liked the look of the eastland monroe and it would be amazing to make a promontory MTO with it.
I'll post what Allison (oops brain fart) says.

Any thoughts on the casualness of the boot? I was hoping to wear it with both jeans and possibly business casual when the weather's rough outside. I'm thinking the natural welt/edge might be too casual for the latter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics