• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I think they pair absolutely fine with jeans (preferably a dark wash). They are a bit on the more formal side but still totally work. You could add something like an antique brass eyelets to make them slightly more casual but then they would not work quite as well in a formal setting. 

I wear shell PTB's all time with jeans...

I don't know if it was the color or what? I did have a more blue denim on when I put them next to it. Maybe I should try something darker. Maybe I should have gone lighter with the edge trim as well... These won't get anymore formal than a pair of khakis for work, but if I don't end up liking them with jeans I will sell them. I haven't put them on yet and I'd rather not till I make my mind up.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? It may just be me but "exotic" skinned shoes just remind me too much of the "80's" and overly flashy dressed black guys on the south side of Chicago. Not my cup of tea. What kind of outfit do you pair those with (serious question) in case it is just me.

FreedBird

Reaction score
With all the discussion around park avenue hating, Here is a pair of park avenues I have for sale that I hand polished.

null_zps2e5deb27.jpg

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's just a shot of the shoe, but can anyone concur with my thought that these wouldn't pair well with denim? I have to be able to wear all my bluchers with jeans.

I think they pair absolutely fine with jeans (preferably a dark wash). They are a bit on the more formal side but still totally work. You could add something like an antique brass eyelets to make them slightly more casual but then they would not work quite as well in a formal setting.

I wear shell PTB's all time with jeans...

I don't know if it was the color or what? I did have a more blue denim on when I put them next to it. Maybe I should try something darker. Maybe I should have gone lighter with the edge trim as well... These won't get anymore formal than a pair of khakis for work, but if I don't end up liking them with jeans I will sell them. I haven't put them on yet and I'd rather not till I make my mind up.

It would never have occurred to me to question whether those go with jeans.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? It may just be me but "exotic" skinned shoes just remind me too much of the "80's" and overly flashy dressed black guys on the south side of Chicago. Not my cup of tea. What kind of outfit do you pair those with (serious question) in case it is just me.

I certainly don't consider "exotic" leather shoes for my wardrobe, but I can appreciate those AE's for their rarity. Those were quite expensive as well. They made some in genuine Alligator a little over a year ago as a Webgem, and if memory serves they were in the price range of a pair of John Lobbs, though I don't remember the exact price.

EDIT: Just found them... They were $2,400.
uhoh.gif

Last edited:

Dillardiv

Reaction score

It would never have occurred to me to question whether those go with jeans. 

With dark denim and my shirt tucked, I'd definitely wear them. As you get more casual on top, I might switch to a different pair of shoes but I'd say go for it!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

With dark denim and my shirt tucked, I'd definitely wear them. As you get more casual on top, I might switch to a different pair of shoes but I'd say go for it!

I see what you're saying and that makes sense. I was looking at them referencing only the jeans. Maybe the whole look will pull it together.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't consider "exotic" leather shoes for my wardrobe, but I can appreciate those AE's for their rarity. Those were quite expensive as well. They made some in genuine Alligator a little over a year ago as a Webgem, and if memory serves they were in the price range of a pair of John Lobbs, though I don't remember the exact price.

EDIT: Just found them... They were $2,400.
uhoh.gif
I hear ya. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between those and the plastic ones I probably see all the time though. Although the ones I usually see are purple, so nevermind.
lol8[1].gif

I'm patiently waiting for two of my newest AE to add to my collection and it's killing me!!!!!

- webgem Merlot Macneil
-Mto brown shell player

bounce2.gif

DNSamurai

Reaction score
Not sure what the sentiment is around here for wearing walnut Strands with jeans...but I decided today was the day I'd take the puppies on their maiden voyage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads