1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

I believe I have a high instep. I never really noticed it, but it would definitely explain the discomfort across the top of my foot. Is there anything a cobbler can do to make more room in the instep?

Next on my list is a blucher or a loafer (Kenwood designed for a high instep).

I'd hate to see these McAllisters go to waste though.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

But that's the only way I would have gotten a pair of firsts for $110. [​IMG] Great shoe, and I agree it looks better than the Mojave.

3. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Hmm how's the sizing for the Leeds compare to strands?

4. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

That was true until recently. AE was running out of model numbers, so now the last digit does not always match the last number.

Chris

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Night and day IMHO....Leeds are on the same last as the Shelton, Dalton, Wilburt & Longbranch which all feature a roomy toebox in my pairs. I get zero pressure across the top of the foot. If your foot is narrow you may have to go down a width potentially. The Strand for me I find to be very tough to fit my foot. I even went down a 1/2 size in my leeds though not the others I mentioned

6. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Shout out to AE Customer Service. I just called about an exchange. A live person answered, we exchanged pleasantries, and my question was answered in 90 seconds. Nice work, AE

1 person likes this.
  7. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

I take the same size in both. The leeds will be slightly more spacious, but not enough to go down a size.

But with 6 MTOs plus a shell MTO pending, you're still looking to do more damage? haha, please post pictures!

You should definitely consider a pair of LEEDS (my preference would be in shell). One of AE's best makeups, IMHO.

8. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

This is long, but it is a list of AE models and their lasts that I have - it is not up to date, it probably lacks the last year or so, but those should be on the website. Also, some models shown are not the same as the current model - i.e. the Dalton shown on the list is a loafer offered several years ago, not the current boot.
    AE Model - Last Andrew - 7 Ashland - 4 Ashton - old 8 Astor - 7 Auburn - 7,1(Euro) Beaumont - ? Becker - 2 Bedford - 3 Belgium - 4 Belmont - 1 Bennington - 0,5 Benton - 8 Bergland - 1 Berkley - 4 Berwick - 7 Birmingham - 0 Biscayne - 1 Boulevard - 5 Bradenton - 4,7 Bradley - 1 Brentwood - 3 Breton - 1 Bridgeton - 9 Bristol - 8 Broadstreet - 3 Brookwood - 7 Burton - 2 Byron - 4 Cambridge - 5 Canelli - 0,4 Canfield - 1 Cannondale - 7 Canton - 1 Capri - 1 Castine - 1,2,5 Chester - 3 Clifton - 8 Cody - 9 Cole - 6 Colebrook - 0,3 Colton - 0 Concord - 74 Conway - 1,4,7 Copley - 8 Cornell - 1 Cortland - 4 Dalton - 7 Danbury - 5 Dellwood - 4 Delray - 8 Denton - 2 Dickson - 4 Dover - 1,6 Dryden - 2 Duke - 9 Dundee - 1 Durham - 4 Eastport - 2,4,9 Ellington - 7 Fairfax - 5 Fairgate - 1 Fairmont - old 8 Foley - 7 Fremont - 4 Fulton - 1 Garner - 5 Glasgow - 4 Glenfield - 7 Granby - 0,3 Grayson - 7 Hale - 8 Halsted - 3 Hampstead - 8 Hancock - 4 Hanover - 0,5,7 Harrison - 0 Harwood - 3 Hastings - 5 Hersey - 0 Hillcrest - 4 Hillsboro - 1 or 4 ? Hinsdale - 4 Holbrook - 8 Holt - 2 Holton - 1,5 Howard - ? Hyde - 1,3,7 Joplin - 2 Keene - 1,6,9 Kendall - 8 Kennet - 4,7 Kingsley - 0 Kirkwood - 1 Lambert - 8 Lauderdale - 4 Layland - 6 Leeds - old 81 Lexington - 1 Leyland - 6 Linden - 4 Lisbon II - ? Lloyd - 7 Logan - 1 Lotus - 1 MacNeil - 7 Manchester - 7 Mapleton - 4 Marlow - 7 Maxfield - 1,2,6,7 McAllister - 5 McLain - 8 Merano - 1,6 Meridian - 8 Milford - 2 Mora - 8 Moselle - 6 Muldoon - 1,6 Nashua - 0 Nassau - ? Newport - 9 Niles - 8 Norse - 1 Norwalk - 1,6,7 Orlean - 1 Owen - 4 Park Avenue - 5 Parkland - 6 Perry - 2 Polo - 1 Ramsey - 8 Randolph - 9 Richmond - 7 Ritz - 4 Rockland - 6 Sanford - 7 Saratoga - 23 Saxon - 2 Seneca - 5 Shelton - 1 Sheridan - 7 Slayton – 4 Soho - 0 Spencer - 4 Stanford - 1 Steen - 8 Stockbridge - 4 Stowe - 0,7 Strand - 5 Stratton - 7 Stuart - 1 Sutton - ? Taunton - 8 Thayer - 8 Townley - 7 Troy - 4 Urbino - 0,2,6 Viking II - 6 Wakefield - ? Waldon - 0,7 Walton - 3 Warren - 2 Waterbury - 6 Wayland - 1 Westgate - 8 Westport - 4 Wilbert - 1 Wingham - 4 Winslow - 1 Winthrop - 1,2,5 York - 4
    Chris

9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

McAllisters and Strands fit me best with 8D or 8E

Leeds and other 1 last shoes an 8.5D seem to work well for me, I have not tried 8E in them though. The exception seems to be the Dundee, 8E may have been best in that one (tough call as my pinky toe is snug but the heel is a bit loose). Tricky sizing for me, I assume because of only having 3 eyelets to tighten.

1 last = fairly TTS
    5 last = Size down .5 and usually up a width

10. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Hmm well I'm a 6.5EEE on the five last, so I guess it's possible I could go down a width or so. Thanks!

Haha I've got the six MTO but no shell MTO pending. You've got me confused with someone else regarding that. I'm just keeping my options open for another casual shoe besides the natty cxl MacNeil MTO that I've got going. I've thought about OSB trail oxfords/rancourt ranger mocs and beefroll penny loafers but I'm iffy on both for various reasons. I mentioned the Leeds because I feel it's similar to Alden's PTB. I actually tried on the natty ptb but alden sf didn't have the size I was looking for.

11. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

I've never heard of a cobbler stretching the top part...usually just the toe area. I could be wrong though.

I'd try going up a width before stretching or giving up on the McAllisters...if you can still exchange them.

12. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Oh that's interesting, a different response haha. My five last sizing is close to TTS for me.

13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Spoiler would have been clutch in that situation!

14. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I take 9.5E in Strands and can either do 10D or 9.5E in the Leeds.

15. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

sorry about that - didn't think about that part.

I think I fixed it - hopefully I used the spoiler function correctly.

Chris

16. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

"Clutch" ha

17. ALange

ALange Active Member

Which color of the Lexington Cap Toe is closest to burgundy? Looking for a something to compliment my black Park Aves that I can wear with Navy and Charcoal suits. Thanks in advanced.

18. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

You can get an MTO of the burgundy calf for the sale price.
    (or Merlot)

19. ALange

ALange Active Member

How do I do that..just give them a call? Also, is Merlot the way to go for an alternative to black? Im open to any suggestions...I had a pair of the brown Park Aves but wasn't a fan.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

wow....do not think many people can make that statement for the five last. I am ordering some AE Orthodic replacements to work on fit in a few shoes I have. Between my arch and my right foot being somewhat wider than my left and longer it is an adventure. Also had to return a few pair of AE and said WTF and I am trying a full size down and upping to a EEE to see about the fit on the Strand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.