Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

This thread should be a sticky in the CM section. Along with all the various fits etc. :)

2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I think PA's for interviews are fine, but yeah, you probably won't wear them all the time for residency and such. I think it comes down to whatever you are comfortable standing in. Some people can wear their leather-soled shoes all day, some aren't comfortable in them. For example, I can wear my sperrys all day, but some people with problematic feet may need orthotics. Some women can wear heels all day, others can't. If you read around the forum, some people walk miles in their AE's, others would never dream of doing so.

3. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I tried that too, last November. Now it's nearly four figures and two MTOs later... :embar:

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I agree with this. I rarely use Renovateur on my shell shoes. It seems like the neutral Saphir cordovan creme does a good job moisturizing the shell.

Regarding the deer bone, I have one but rarely use it. You can see it adding fat/oil when using it, but I tend to find that brushing and occasional cordovan creme gets the job done by itself.

5. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Great idea. I'd happily pitch in to get her something.

6. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Damn this webgem

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Hah, thanks for the awesome post.

I actually wear sneakers in surgery. My current job is doing ortho research, so I spend some time in the OR. I'm not on my feet all day, but I wear leather soled shoes most of the time and I'm pretty comfortable in them. I've walked like 5+ miles in them nonstop and haven't had issues.

I definitely appreciate the suggestions. I probably own a couple of pairs of black shoes that'd fit the bill for interviews. I think I've had my fun with the shoe thang for a bit. I'm going to start saving that money for now because interviews and the associated costs are a doozy! I'll probably hit up thrift stores now and then for fun, but these big ticket items are done for a bit.

I will say that the CH's are now out of my price range because the discount codes on josabank that someone pointed out earlier have stopped working. Such a shame!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

8. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Yeah. They look like blobs. I wasn't going to say anything, but...

9. Patek

Patek Senior member

I have to agree. I was very excited when this boot was coming out and then disappointed when it did.

10. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Agreed!

11. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Good to know thanks. I was going to use the deer bone mostly for smoothing out some imperfections on my daltons since they were seconds. I'll post before and after if it works..or doesn't :)

12. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

I just got an idea for my masters degree project in psychology. I want to do a case study involving this thread!

The people running Allen Edmonds sure know their stuff when it comes to sales psychology. I realize they aren't the ones who started this thread, but putting us in connection with Allison was a genius business move on their part. Yes, I know, we make up a very small portion of Allen Edmonds' earnings... but you get the point.

and no, I don't have a problem with them aiding my shoe addiction.

13. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

yeah me too. The cap looks waaaaay to short to me... Makes the shoe look very bulbous.

14. SBear

SBear Senior member

I am a professor of anatomy and physiology. I've spent a lot of time with a lot of bone and can tell you all about the molecular structure, etc. I can also assure you that bone does not have any oils to transfer. Any oils one might see when boning are being squeezed from the cordovan.

15. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Hey guys, after wearing poor quality shoes for so long I finally stepped up and bought my first two pairs of allen edmonds during the rediscover america sale with a 20% off coupon. I decided to go with these two instead of going with a black and brown park avenue since I wanted something with a little more impact that I could wear with a suit as well as business casual. I really like them so I don't want to return them but I wanted some opinions on whether or not the shoe is too big for me. My toe comes up to around the red line. I also bought one half a size down with the same width and that feels a lot more natural and snug, but my pinky toe seems to be pushing against the outside of the shoe so I think it will probably start to hurt after wearing it for awhile. For the bigger size, as long as I lace the shoes tightly it doesn't seem to be falling off my foot, but I'm wondering if I should just give up the shoes and wait awhile for another good deal on a size E width. Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.