• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOxford

Reaction score
A Mineral Yellow moment.

Attachments

• 20220512_181707.jpg
    20220512_181707.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220520_163010.jpg
    20220520_163010.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220520_162938.jpg
    20220520_162938.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 60

MrOxford

Reaction score
Started in AE & quality GYW shoes at age 39 (3 yrs ago) with 2 pairs - Stuttgart (Walnut in 13D) & Walton (Black in 13D) - from AE.com (price was the most decisive factor as I am in Singapore and returns were not an option) without knowing my correct width....eventually discovered I am 13EEE but i can& do wear these for short periods after stretching them up a width.
Have you tried Oct 10th in Shanghai, China?

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's real commitment to get a vanity licence plate: AE 1922. I would have gone with "Was Hers" vanity licence plates. LoL...
I applied in November and had to explain it (the person reading the application must have thought I was a psycho). Took until March to come in the mail. Thought it would be fun for 100 years.

When I was young, my dad had “TWOBBS” (2 “ball breakers”) on his 1974 Corvette Stingray.

MrOxford

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

It has been a while since I posted, I have been unusually busy with work recently. That should be returning to normal soon.

First day back in the office since the beginning of the pandemic. I have a new office, company moved me to the new wing in the building which means I cannot find anything. Bourbon HMs for the motorcycle ride in.

View attachment 1793825
Ride to work on a motorcycle? I envy you. LoL...

JRC

Reaction score
Now here's a question.

What was your first pair of Allen Edmonds and where did you get them from?

For me, it was a Factory 2nd walnut Fifth Ave from the website, and I bought that specific shoe because it was the most discounted of the "classic" AE dress shoes.
For me it was Cornwallis "Red" on Oct. 2, 1971.
a AE ad popped upped on my browser, for a clearance price of $199.99.
went to local AE store got fitted with bannock device and to my surprise, left foot was 13 1/2 E and right foot was 13 D, which explained why my left foot was hurting while wearing 13 D shoes.
IMG_0261.jpg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Sir, is a Facebook question. If you can remember your first AE, then you have not bought enough
If you followed the whole convo then you'd know talking about age was what triggered it. I'm not an old senile man (cough cough Biden) so for me, my first AE is relatively recent memory.

With that said, I am most certainly jealous of anyone who could say, THey've been wearing Allen Edmonds for decades.

PS I don't even have Facebook

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it was Cornwallis "Red" on Oct. 2, 1971.
a AE ad popped upped on my browser, for a clearance price of $199.99.
went to local AE store got fitted with bannock device and to my surprise, left foot was 13 1/2 E and right foot was 13 D, which explained why my left foot was hurting while wearing 13 D shoes. View attachment 1794150
Dam, those are beautiful

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This whole time I thought I was the young buck, turns out I'm no spring chicken in comparison with others on SF! I'm 36 (so weird to type that out).

Bought my first AE (black calf PA) about 10 years ago after my Rockports were shot. The next AE purchase was a Walnut Strand and that led to an Oxblood Fifth Ave. I don't even wear any of those anymore :(

Today's shoes are these Navy Suede Catalina Island loafers with crepe soles. Anyone else have their crepe soles melting/disintegrating? This is my second wear and the soles are sticky and rolled up on the edges.
PXL_20220520_183823028.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Oct 10th in Shanghai, China?
Haven't tried Oct 10th / Sons of Henry yet. I am more drawn towards casual boots now instead of dress shoes/boots.

Baybombers

Reaction score
Now here's a question.

What was your first pair of Allen Edmonds and where did you get them from?

For me, it was a Factory 2nd walnut Fifth Ave from the website, and I bought that specific shoe because it was the most discounted of the "classic" AE dress shoes.

i believe I was around 33 and picked up a pair of chili Bradleys at the tent sale held at the Brookfield WI store. It was the first time I tried a B width shoe and I’ve been a fan ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads