• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducatiti

Reaction score
View attachment 1741964
Oxblood PA, Chili Boulevard, Mahogany Strand
View attachment 1741965
With a Chili belt, which works for all three given the separation from foot to waist.
View attachment 1741966
Saphir Bordeaux, Hermes Red, and Mahogany. The Bordeaux and Hermes are nearly identical, the Mahogany has much more brown in it, versus maybe a touch toward purple for the others. The Mahogany cream is most similar to the Chili shoe I would say, with the AE Mahogany shoe trending toward a darker brown. I have some AE Chili cream, but it is in a tube…

While these are very similar, I find they are just enough different that one pops with an outfit much like a perfect tie or pocket square. If I had to pick one, keep one, start with one, it would be Chili.

Thanks for sharing! Beginning to like Mahogany color now as oxblood looks so dead and faded for me.

That’s a cool chili belt to go with all threes shoes. As for me, I purchased the Beckett Simonon belt set to cover all the colors, to add to other full grain leather belts I already have.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, Donkey boots?

As funny as that is, it feels like hubris for me to call them that.

TS 2019 taking to the mean streets of Princeton. View attachment 1741337
Were you visiting or do you reside nearby? I grew up in Princeton -- lovely place and don't forget to stop in at Hoagie Haven for a #14!

I spent the last few years of HS at a boarding school in the northern Philly burbs during the late 80s. Princeton Day School was one of our rivals and I had to play against them in football, basketball, and baseball. Driving towards the PDS campus area was a surreal Pleasantville experience with everybody looking like they'd stepped out of a LL Bean/Eddie Bauer/Lands End/JCrew photo shoot. It was like someone opened a catalog, dumped water on it, and they all came to life and multiplied like Gremlins. Same coats, same backpacks, same Bean boots. It was the weirdest thing in the world. I didn't get that same feeling against some of the other schools we played (Shipley, Jenkintown, George School, St. Andrews, Westtown, Friends Central, Hun School, etc.).

Thinking about that experience led me to go check out the local LL Bean. I ended up picking up a denim shirt. More importantly, I ended up wearing my OG brown CXL Higgins Mill boots in their special "extra wrinkly" make up and in need of some conditioning.

IMG_5702.jpg

Also, I noticed about a week ago that we'd passed up the Alden group in posts. Last year, we didn't pass them until right around the end of June. Passing them in the middle of January as opposed to the middle of the year feels like the Styleforum world is getting back into balance. Congrats on your loquaciousness all you filthy barnweasels!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am considering getting the AE lambskin bomber jacket that's on sale.

I routinely fluctuate between a 40R-42R. Should I get a medium or a large?

As of now, I am def a 42R, which would be large; however, I was under the impression that leather jackets tend to stretch out quite a bit, so I thought a medium would be a better option?

Am I right in assuming this?
When it comes to leather jackets I tend to layer other clothes underneath it so I always go up in size and not down.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color looks so vibrant in your picture, not even close from out of the box.. Will wait for my Hermes Red polish to arrive. Thanks for sharing. I have some hope now :) Just like when the Niners blocked that punt! :)
It took quite a few layers with Hermes to get them to that point, but it’ll work.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
As funny as that is, it feels like hubris for me to call them that.

I spent the last few years of HS at a boarding school in the northern Philly burbs during the late 80s. Princeton Day School was one of our rivals and I had to play against them in football, basketball, and baseball. Driving towards the PDS campus area was a surreal Pleasantville experience with everybody looking like they'd stepped out of a LL Bean/Eddie Bauer/Lands End/JCrew photo shoot. It was like someone opened a catalog, dumped water on it, and they all came to life and multiplied like Gremlins. Same coats, same backpacks, same Bean boots. It was the weirdest thing in the world. I didn't get that same feeling against some of the other schools we played (Shipley, Jenkintown, George School, St. Andrews, Westtown, Friends Central, Hun School, etc.).
I went to public school but I will also say every time we played PDS there was a little extra desire to kick their you-know-whats! :rotflmao:

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, those look great. Is that just Hermes or is the toe burnished too? I need to get to work on mine!
Man TBH it’s been so long I don’t remember 100%. I think they came burnished from the factory but I may have also added a little black crème polish before the wax. I worked on that pair for about 3 days I think.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads