• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeliany

Reaction score
I remembered wingtip wednesday and wore these brown waxed suede mctavishes for the first time today. Got them for a great price at the end of summer. Had to return the first pair i got bc the heel detached right out of the box. Im actually still waiting on the refund - it’s been a couple months so maybe time to call them.
Replacement pair are good though:
67E2DCDE-EFD8-432D-B016-85BB40A758AB.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
One color to rule them all!

View attachment 1713159
My word those longwing gunboats are divine.

I salute you.

And I guess I missed the details of @ProfilaBinding’s new job, but I’m sure his shoes were largely the reason for any career growth.

Southwick

Reaction score
Great prices on the various holiday shoes - I really want a Jingle Bell Mok in 10.5 E, but the E widths are gone.
Fwiw, on the 65 last the 10.5E and the 11D are really close to being identical. At least for my feet, I can’t tell the difference. Same for the 97 last. But that’s just me. Something to consider.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This particular watch is styled after the Trench watches of WWI. Prior to this the pocket watch was the norm but service men found that not very practical or safe and started adding lugs and strapping their pocket watches to their wrists.

The strap is a Bund strap and also originated in WWI as German pilots were issued them to keep a protective layer between the metal watch and their skin due to temperature extremes they might encounter. Bund straps were also used I believe my Japanese mountaineers or mountaineers in general for the same reason. Seiko's first Alpinist was on a bund I believe.

Below are two other color bunds I have for it.
View attachment 1713083 View attachment 1713084
I have this watch with the stainless steel case. I like it because I don’t have anything else quite like it.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
8720752F-E512-462A-B9D7-0521D1C1163C.jpeg
These eBay Mac Neils 2.0 were nearly discarded. Between the ever problematic poron-moron insoles and some concerns over the previous owners’ imprint, these bluchers seemed unworkable. But I gave them one last try and they seem to have molded to my feet. No question the 2.0 isn’t nearly as comfortable or as the wide as the original. But I needed something that I wouldn’t mind wearing in the perpetual, torrential Vancouver rain and the country grain and Dainite might be a solution.

Thinking of buying a pair of Grayson loafers and just leaving them at the office.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A beautiful inaugural outing for some Tuesday cigar loafing and today's Savvy special for wingtip/Adelaide Wednesday in the Harvard wings.

All decked out today for an important meeting

PXL_20211130_144054609.jpg
PXL_20211130_143543238.jpg
PXL_20211130_143537929.jpg
PXL_20211201_144420320.jpg
PXL_20211201_224659487.jpg
PXL_20211201_224709527.jpg

Southwick

Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my trunk show notice as well. :)
View attachment 1713337

Reminds me of a notice I got a few days ago from Fedex. They said "your package is arriving tomorrow", but I saw that the package was still in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Obviously, it was not going to be out for delivery tomorrow if it was still in Wisconsin. But the good news is a few days later, the olive Landon is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Much better news than with USPS which has possibly lost a very important priority mail package that contains some of our government documents.

DawgPound

Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right, I need advice from folks with culture and taste. Until I locate some, y’all will have to do. ? (rimshot)

I’ve received some lambs wool flannel trousers in what O’Connell’s calls “brick.” They are a bit darker and richer than the photo below suggests. They would be worn with either odd jacket & tie or just a sweater. Either way, I’m stumped as to the best color shoe to go with (you’d have thought I would have worked that out before buying, right?).

Black would seem to be obvious but I have an adversion to black shoes when not with a suit. So, all my black shoes are oxford cap toes; I have nothing in black less formal than that.

So my choices would seem to be (i) buy a less formal black shoe I wouldn’t wear much or (ii) make use of a different color. No, I don’t have any green or blue shoes apart from a blue suede chukka. Well, I take that back, I have a greenish brown chukka that C&J calls “ earth” or something.

Thoughts?
View attachment 1712442

A little lighter than yours, but would work with yours., too.

Flagstaff penny loafers.

IMG_6129.jpeg

Oakmont saddle shoes.

IMG_6581.jpeg

Tan Strandmoks.

IMG_6838.jpeg

White Nomads.

IMG_6882.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads