• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewnote1

Reaction score
My first outing with the snuff neumoks. All day travelling and then a rehearsal dinner had them feeling a little uncomfortable at the end, but generally speaking these are some of the comfiest AEs I've bought. I'm sure they'll be even better as I break them in and mold them to my feet.

PXL_20211015_145615384.jpg

PXL_20211016_001954244.jpg

PXL_20211016_034749250.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, the Natty, the Chili Randolphs!!
Hey now, just a darn minute!! Weren't you the guy who told me the natty shell would look like the chili??
If you are getting both, then ... I'll be right behind you
Your comment had me go to the closet and look closer at aged natty versus other redder colors, like chili.

In a nutshell, if you properly care for your natty shell footwear (limit polishes & creams), there is plenty of color difference. Plus natural shell cordovan is amazing, RARE and worth getting when you can!

Longer version - I have quite a few natty shell shoes and boots from several different manufacturers, with more from AE than any other. The first ever was natty Dundees from an early Trunk Show. They are also my darkest pair of natty shell, mainly for 2 reasons. I've worn the heck out of these; and, this is the pair that I learned how to properly care for natty shell - through trial and error. I used products that hastened the darkening of the leather. Saphir Renovateur is a no-no. Most creams will darken the leather. My go-to now is Bick 4 and NOTHING ELSE.

So, when I post Dundees in natty and chili shell, that's not a true comparison since I've inadvertently darkened the natty ones. However, even w/ the darkening, natty shell moves toward a tan color not red like chili or color #4. If you care for your natty shell properly, it will stay a beautiful English tan color.

I see no overlap btwn natty and chili shell.
20211016_102901.jpg
20211016_102904.jpg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Beware of neatsfoot oil in any product on medium to light leathers! It WILL darken the leather.

Neatsfoot oil is a great leather conditioner and is in many leather polishes & creams. Use it on darker leathers. But, be careful with lighter leathers.

It's the natty shell killer!

Adhazem

Reaction score
Non-AE, but excited Cobbler Union brought back its MTO program! 25% lifetime discount applies. I’ll be getting some neat longwings I’m sure

I saw! The 25% will offset the MTO fees essentially. I wish they can show all the available makeups and leathers on the site.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Beware of neatsfoot oil in any product on medium to light leathers! It WILL darken the leather.

Neatsfoot oil is a great leather conditioner and is in many leather polishes & creams. Use it on darker leathers. But, be careful with lighter leathers.

It's the natty shell killer!
Does vsc have nf oil?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your comment had me go to the closet and look closer at aged natty versus other redder colors, like chili.

In a nutshell, if you properly care for your natty shell footwear (limit polishes & creams), there is plenty of color difference. Plus natural shell cordovan is amazing, RARE and worth getting when you can!

Longer version - I have quite a few natty shell shoes and boots from several different manufacturers, with more from AE than any other. The first ever was natty Dundees from an early Trunk Show. They are also my darkest pair of natty shell, mainly for 2 reasons. I've worn the heck out of these; and, this is the pair that I learned how to properly care for natty shell - through trial and error. I used products that hastened the darkening of the leather. Saphir Renovateur is a no-no. Most creams will darken the leather. My go-to now is Bick 4 and NOTHING ELSE.

So, when I post Dundees in natty and chili shell, that's not a true comparison since I've inadvertently darkened the natty ones. However, even w/ the darkening, natty shell moves toward a tan color not red like chili or color #4. If you care for your natty shell properly, it will stay a beautiful English tan color.

I see no overlap btwn natty and chili shell.
View attachment 1686481 View attachment 1686482
Great photo.
Now I can get a natty Randolph and chill Randolph with a clear conscience!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does vsc have nf oil?
No one really knows, but it will darken light leathers.

Mac method and Bick 4 are your friends.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some lucky 13 D guy is going to love these. Brand new, unworn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads