• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptfly

Reaction score
Where is this olive nubuck belt? The olive suede wide basic? I returned mine as the color was odd with my variety of olive shoes.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, 4th of July. Here I come! Happy Independence Day, fellas.

View attachment 1418125
43273261-56F7-45B2-99FC-5453ED6E8F4A.gif

I kid, I kid. Nice shoes.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait. The Leeds 2.0 was killed again?

Not sure if it was "officially" deleted, but it's disappeared. It's one of those styles that mysteriously comes and goes.

For this Independence Day, all I wish for is that everyone on here who was let go from their employer to have success in the coming months. Nothing is guaranteed for me either in these uncertain times.

Southwick

Reaction score
Have at it, I have purged and am at about 100 pair (all brands)my goal is to get to 75 by end of year, even if I have to donate to charity to get there. At one time, I had about 120 pair of just AE.
If any are 10.5e or 11d, i have a charity in mind that would gladly accept a donation. The charity would even be willing to remit a reasonable amount.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More belts mean less shoes. I showed him he can purchase a green shoe without the fear of not having a belt causing the shoe to languish in the closet. I mean seriously! Is this a belt appreciation thread or a shoe appreciation thread?
YOU are the anti-weasel here.
This is an Allen Edmonds appreciation thread.

Let’s make sure that I’m not out of line here and we’ll check the title of the thread.
Here it is:

FAC0690F-970B-45E8-B218-3A692E4C9B80.jpeg

Whoa! Have we been doing this wrong? I mean, I assume shoes are included in this even though they aren’t specifically mentioned, right? It’s got to be an oversight. Would somebody please check the bylaws?

While we resolve this, we can safely discuss AE accessories such as belts.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is an Allen Edmonds appreciation thread.

Let’s make sure that I’m not out of line here and we’ll check the title of the thread.
Here it is:

View attachment 1418296

Whoa! Have we been doing this wrong? I mean, I assume shoes are included in this even though they aren’t specifically mentioned, right? It’s got to be an oversight. Would somebody please check the bylaws?

While we resolve this, we can safely discuss AE accessories such as belts.
Had to go do some extensive research for that one, did ya? ;P

I concede belts do fall into the AE appreciation thread. Old fogies like me that follow the more pure belief that AE is a shoe company need to come into the new century and accept AE appreciation can have a wider scope.
... Speaking of, how many of y'all can go full Ferrari/Harley with AE and wear nothing BUT AE items?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to go do some extensive research for that one, did ya? ;P

I concede belts do fall into the AE appreciation thread. Old fogies like me that follow the more pure belief that AE is a shoe company need to come into the new century and accept AE appreciation can have a wider scope.
... Speaking of, how many of y'all can go full Ferrari/Harley with AE and wear nothing BUT AE items?
I’ve got several AE sports coats, belts, socks, and a bunch of shoes. The sports coats are excellent, by the way.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What would you use to fix that? My apologies, I am extremely new to all of this.
I'm not exactly sure what it is from the pic - whether it's edge dressing or a stray bit of burnishing - but I'd go at it with a polish stripper like Renomat (if I had any). Since I don't, I'd probably just gently hit it with acetone, followed by a bit of polish to even things out.

I won't fault you if you're not comfortable doing it to a brand new pair of shoes you haven't committed to owning yet. I personally wouldn't be too bothered if it didn't completely go away, but some may not accept that from a new pair.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve got several AE sports coats, belts, socks, and a bunch of shoes. The sports coats are excellent, by the way.
If I didn't prefer the fit of Spier, I might have ended up with one as well. I was really into their Weekender knit Blazer thing, but they were out of a size that would work by the time I discovered them.
I've got a few belts and socks. I'd have more socks if they'd do more OTC pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads