• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of suede....thoughts on wearing these with a suit?

Allen-Edmonds-Neumok-Brown-Suede-Leather-Oxford-Wingtip.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just pondering the Suede TS. Like that the Macneil is in although I have a chocolate suede Mac. If Acheson was in over Grayson that would be a slam dunk. Maybe a Plymouth is what I want. Not sold on the Carlyle from the picks. Liverpool is a great option in Snuff but that toe box on a Chelsea is not allowed in my house. But I keep going back to a Macneil. At least I have time.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Tan Wilberts today.

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

These are so unbelievably comfy.

Since the Bradley isn't available during the Suede Trunk Show, what about the Wilbert?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pondering the Suede TS. Like that the Macneil is in although I have a chocolate suede Mac. If Acheson was in over Grayson that would be a slam dunk. Maybe a Plymouth is what I want. Not sold on the Carlyle from the picks. Liverpool is a great option in Snuff but that toe box on a Chelsea is not allowed in my house. But I keep going back to a Macneil. At least I have time.
A blue or or snuff Plymouth may be your ticket!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amongst the many Trunk Show posts there have also been posts about "Picard" (Starfleet Academy Class Of 2327) and about saddle shoes.

Here's a picture wearing A-E Oakmont saddle shoes with Starfleet Academy in the background.

View attachment 1323786

Starfleet Acaemy is actually a sewage treatment plant that sits in the middle of a lake of partially treated sewage.

View attachment 1323787

You can walk up a lot of stairs and then walk on an elevated viewing platform across all the sewage treatment processes and watch videos explaining what's going on.

View attachment 1323788

Here's the sign by the front gate.

View attachment 1323790

Live long and prosper.

(Only in the San Fernando Valley where there is hardly anything to do or to see would a sewage disposal plant be a tourist attraction. Busch Gardens was better and there was beer for those who wanted beer.)
@Roycru. You are the epitome of "living the dream!"

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got loafers on the brain right now, maybe because Winter, and suede is great for loafers! Since Patriot is not an option again this time, I have to figure out if I can make the Randolph and or the Grayson work by going down to an A width. Both are ROOMY! So the first Q is, will AE even make a 13 A in either shoe? They do now offer both models in that size, in calf. IF @ae_ashley confirms they'll make it, then I have to find one of each model to try on. If the A width works fit-wize, I would buy a couple of pairs of each and make it an All Loafer Trunk Show. But the stars have to align to make that plan work. I don't really have a Plan B.

Choco suede or Navy suede Grayson? sweet! Sand or navy suede Randolph? money!

Last edited:

lcdx22

Reaction score
Question about fit on the 511

I had a pair of shell Leeds in 13EEE and they were too roomy.
I then bought a shell Bradley in 13E, and while it fits good I wish it was slightly wider.

So my thought was im probably a 13EE in the 511 last.

However, I recently got a pair of MD unlined suede chukkas in 13EEE and they fit good

So now I'm at a loss if I should get a Leeds or Dundee in 13EE or 13EEE.

Would a suede Dundee fit same as MD chukka?

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question about fit on the 511

I had a pair of shell Leeds in 13EEE and they were too roomy.
I then bought a shell Bradley in 13E, and while it fits good I wish it was slightly wider.

So my thought was im probably a 13EE in the 511 last.

However, I recently got a pair of MD unlined suede chukkas in 13EEE and they fit good

So now I'm at a loss if I should get a Leeds or Dundee in 13EE or 13EEE.

Would a suede Dundee fit same as MD chukka?

MD chukka is unusually narrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads