• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Kevin24

Reaction score
I'm not sure that would drives sales down to the point of necessitating a closure. My guess is most people shopping at an outlet only talk to staff to checkout or check on availability. Not many asking about construction or lasts etc.
I'm quite familiar with the Clarksburg Outlets where that AE location is based. It's a new development that is quite far from the city and is difficult to get to due to bad traffic and poor public transportation links.

A few other high-end outlet stores have shuttered locations there too.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm quite familiar with the Clarksburg Outlets where that AE location is based. It's a new development that is quite far from the city and is difficult to get to due to bad traffic and poor public transportation links.

A few other high-end outlet stores have shuttered locations there too.
Outlets are always somewhat far from the city. Traffic is terrible here, but leesburg has done better. Clarksburg parking lot on weekends is packed

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ae_ashley, any way we can get a breakdown of what determines the color of the welt stitch for the trunk show items?

nmh20

Reaction score
It’s probably going to be Loden Higgins Mill with translucent brown and commando sole and Snuff Macneil with translucent brown and either v-tread or olive dainite.

@EZB did you figure out how you’re going to make your Gray Hamilton’s? If there’s a 3rd order it will probably be something a little louder, and gray and blue dainite might be the ticket.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s probably going to be Loden Higgins Mill with translucent brown and commando sole and Snuff Macneil with translucent brown and either v-tread or olive dainite.

@EZB did you figure out how you’re going to make your Gray Hamilton’s? If there’s a 3rd order it will probably be something a little louder, and gray and blue dainite might be the ticket.
I’m currently thinking of

1. Burgundy MacNeil, reverse welt, translucent brown edge, double v tread
2. Gray Hamilton, reverse welt, buff edge, blue Dainite

I don’t see a third order in my future on this show. I do need to know what color the welt stitch will be against that buff edge. I’d love it to be light

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eagle County today.
These would be great in suede.
138E4815-B67F-425E-90E4-EEA15AABE374.jpeg

The last trunk show included a couple of designs “from the vault.” I had my fingers crossed for a Bleecker Street, Eagle County, or some other cap-toe boot.

I was a little surprised that the show didn’t contain any older models or cap-toe boots.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eagle County today.
These would be great in suede.
View attachment 1324189

The last trunk show included a couple of designs “from the vault.” I had my fingers crossed for a Bleecker Street, Eagle County, or some other cap-toe boot.

I was a little surprised that the show didn’t contain any older models or cap-toe boots.
It has the MacNeil from the vault.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty Higs getting some snowblow patina.

IMG_20200125_124921.jpg
IMG_20200125_131833.jpg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went with Oak streets due to snow. Kudu is awesome in sloppy conditions.
85B49AB3-0789-4930-9160-7240CF1BF600.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m currently thinking of

1. Burgundy MacNeil, reverse welt, translucent brown edge, double v tread
2. Gray Hamilton, reverse welt, buff edge, blue Dainite

I don’t see a third order in my future on this show. I do need to know what color the welt stitch will be against that buff edge. I’d love it to be light
Do we have a welt choice at this show?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got these on eBay for a nice price. Of note, on the bottom isn't the Seconds show mark, but very roughly says "No Warranty" with one word above/below the other. With that and the older branded stamping, guessing they're just from many years ago before the shoemark was used? The leather feels super nice, too, which makes me think older as well.

Your thoughts?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1324228

Got these on eBay for a nice price. Of note, on the bottom isn't the Seconds show mark, but very roughly says "No Warranty" with one word above/below the other. Guessing they're just from many years ago before the shoemark was used? The leather feels super nice, too, which makes me think older as well.

Your thoughts?
The “no warranty” stamp means that they were returned by the original buyer with signs of wear so they could not be sold as new.
They might have just been returned for fit issues, with no quality problems whatsoever.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%