• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of green (Loden) suede Sauk Drive boots, which are pretty much as you describe.

I had those Sauks but really want a more clear green, maybe hunter.

Appreciating TS 2014 today!

shopper23

Reaction score
Are the new AE Neumoks (suede colors) not made in the USA? Nordstrom lists them as made in the USA and AE.com lists them as imported. Would be sad if they are not made in USA, as that is a huge part of the AE brand.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the new AE Neumoks (suede colors) not made in the USA? Nordstrom lists them as made in the USA and AE.com lists them as imported. Would be sad if they are not made in USA, as that is a huge part of the AE brand.
Nordstrom appears to be using an old description

shopper23

Reaction score
Nordstrom appears to be using an old description

Sad to hear. I worry that Caleres is hurting this brand. It has become much more promotional, and I know of no Nordstroms that carry the brand in person any more. Add to that charging the same price for imported shoes as the domestic strandmok for example, and I'm very worried about where things are going.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear. I worry that Caleres is hurting this brand. It has become much more promotional, and I know of no Nordstroms that carry the brand in person any more. Add to that charging the same price for imported shoes as the domestic strandmok for example, and I'm very worried about where things are going.
Charging the same isn't an issue necessarily. Price doesn't depend on cost--it depends on demand. If demand is basically the same for MiUSA as imported, then price should be the same.

lemmy127

Reaction score
After hemming and hawing all day, I decided to take the risk and order one of the apparently two pairs of brown shell Patriot seconds at the CAC in 13B. Here's hoping that the pair I receive is worth keeping, and not the monstrosity that's at the Riverhead location.

Looks like I'll be getting the restocking fee refunded on these ones...

0 for 2 now. I think I'm going to pass on trying the third and final pair in the system and just wait for the trunk show and get a pair in bourbon.

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be getting the restocking fee refunded on these ones...

View attachment 1321136

0 for 2 now. I think I'm going to pass on trying the third and final pair in the system and just wait for the trunk show and a pair in bourbon.
How does that even get sold?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did it again.

(For those keeping score at home, these are Brogue Suede Strands. They were one of the answers in the recent Strand Quiz.)

IMG_3711.jpeg

Around a year ago had the worn Dainite heels replaced with ordinary rubber heels. Found doing so did not seem to affect the performance of the shoes although it cost around $15.00 as opposed to the around $50.00 it costs to get new Dainite heels so did it again.

Can buy lots of cookies with the $35.00 saved.

Wonder if this will become more common now that A-E is using Itshide Danite-like soles in various colors?

While on the subject of money-saving ideas, having the keyboard as a separate piece saves money if the keyboard is damaged.

1272452_10151825940638396_1373999702_o.jpg

On a totally different subject, glad to have lived most of my life before shops had to include instruction books in their tie displays.

While still on the subject of money-saving ideas, all of the information about how to tie a tie can be found online for free.

IMG_3645.jpeg

Took this picture a few days ago at the Getty Center shop. Did not buy a tie there. Still get nightmares about museum store ties from when I worked at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art Store (or, as some of us called it, "The Little Shop Of Horrors") in Century City.

lemmy127

Reaction score
So it was put in the F2 bin for SOMETHING. If it was that, they know about it and that it was not an F2

If that cut wasn't there, I would have been able to identify two-three relatively minimal reasons why they were seconds, but I would have kept them. I actually looked them over to see if I even wanted to bother trying them on. I got the right shoe on. Then this cut made its presence known when I started putting the left shoe on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads