• We would like welcome Sprezzaboxto the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it seems that a Mac air 13 inch computer doesn’t like having a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon spilled in its keyboard. On iPad until I get to store in next day or so......there goes the shell budget
Save yourself some $ and just grab a cheap windows machine. If you are using an air you certainly don’t need any performance out of it. If you are mostly web browsing I can’t see the benefit of another mac. I have a MBP I got in 2012 or 2013 I don’t remember but it was the first retina 15” and I still have it just for web browsing. I got it open box back when bestbuy would give you 20% off. Mine only had a tiny cut on the box otherwise brand new but if it wasn’t heavily discounted I’d have passed. I like their phones (I have one) but MacOS is just never going to win me over. I’ll sooner use a Linux distro before going MacOS (yea the MBP runs Windows 10 at the moment). The only redeeming quality to me is the iMessage and phone call sync across a network allowing me to answer the phone/messages across devices.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it seems that a Mac air 13 inch computer doesn’t like having a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon spilled in its keyboard. On iPad until I get to store in next day or so......there goes the shell budget
Save yourself some $ and just grab a cheap windows machine. If you are using an air you certainly don’t need any performance out of it. If you are mostly web browsing I can’t see the benefit of another mac. I have a MBP I got in 2012 or 2013 I don’t remember but it was the first retina 15” and I still have it just for web browsing. I got it open box back when bestbuy would give you 20% off. Mine only had a tiny cut on the box otherwise brand new but if it wasn’t heavily discounted I’d have passed. I like their phones (I have one) but MacOS is just never going to win me over. I’ll sooner use a Linux distro before going MacOS (yea the MBP runs Windows 10 at the moment). The only redeeming quality to me is the iMessage and phone call sync across a network allowing me to answer the phone/messages across devices.
Macs are best.
No, get a Windows machine.
Mac, Mac, 🖥
No, Windows!!
Linux, Linux, Linux.
:fence::box::nest:
I expect to see this discussed for the next 8 pages.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe you should stop wine-ing

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What belts would you gentlemen opt for for the new olive strands¿
I would assume AE would be coming out with their own soon.

I've been a Mac guy since 2008. I find them safer and easier to do things. They are also powerful enough for my needs (audio needs). I only recommend the MB Pro models with enough RAM.

WNovizar

Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a Vtread day.
0336BCDC-186E-42F0-912D-FCDA6DE0CF43.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Macs are best.
No, get a Windows machine.
Mac, Mac, 🖥
No, Windows!!
Linux, Linux, Linux.
:fence::box::nest:
I expect to see this discussed for the next 8 pages.
I hope not, I really hope not. If I replace it, it won’t be a windows pc. May just stick with iPad for a while

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Houston can be tough, it’s so spread out and each of those attractions you mentioned are in pretty disparate areas. I’d completely skip the aquarium, as it’s more a restaurant with additional aquarium-like features. Nasa is quite far south, in Clear Lake, and I wouldn’t recommend staying down there unless you want to spend most of the time on or near the water. I’d vote for staying downtown or near the medical center (and zoo). There is a light rail that can connect you from downtown/midtown/zoo/medical center.
Thanks will pass along to family

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 77 17.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 149 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.4%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%