• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting...
One shoe has a shine
FA6976E4-FE6E-4BC0-B46E-34A8558B30D7.jpeg
07D59A0C-1BED-4A7A-B29A-61070B974B35.jpeg

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice meal!!!!! I would love to have that, but since we are now on a "heart healthy" diet due to wife's stent, I can only look at photos. I like the MM myself, but not a big bourbon guy either. Now if we are talking Merlot.............
I know a little of Pinot Noir but not Merlot.
Good food and good drink!
If you're looking for bourbon suggestions some of my favorites include Angel's Envy, Willett's, and really anything from the Buffalo Trace distillery.

Are you a scotch fan? Scotch is my jam.
Thanks, it was my favorite cut, a NY strip. And do you know, it was so good I neglected to use the A-1. lol. Thanks for the bourbon reco's. I will try those out as well. As for scotch, I've always drunk Dewar's and do like Glenlivet but Glenfiddich more - who wouldn't at near $100/ bottle.

Last edited:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bulleit FTW. Just don't ruin it with that ice.
Looking forward to the Bulleit...straight. And, btw, what I decided tonight on the MM is though easy to drink, a little too cinnamon-y to become my bourbon of choice.

Last edited:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, it looks likes those fit you well!
Thanks, these fit a lot better than the grey ones, I switched the lacing to bar lacing and was able to get a better V-gap closure than in the picture, that was just initial try on.

Moving forward, unless the grey is offered again down the road, I'm going to try and order a heat moldable insole to take up some of the extra room, since the color is awesome in person, compared to the Silver look they had on the AE site.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, these fit a lot better than the grey ones, I switched the lacing to bar lacing and was able to get a better V-gap closure than in the picture, that was just initial try on.

Moving forward, unless the grey is offered again down the road, I'm going to try and order a heat moldable insole to take up some of the extra room, since the color is awesome in person, compared to the Silver look they had on the AE site.

Cxl almost always fits larger in regards to AE. I once had a pair of cxl Clark Street shoes that were way too loose in the heel and it broke my heart to sell them. They were my usual size, but just too damn big.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell I'd donate my McAllisters to the cause. I was gonna send em to Potter soon anyway.
Are you sure? I thought the purpose of this is to have them re-crafted, then take them apart to see if they hit the same holes.
Which would mean they need to be recrafted again?? Maybe I missed something, or maybe you don't want the shoes anymore. This would be something better suited for a cheap pair of shoes off ebay that no one planned on wearing, and was just for the sake of knowledge.

I would say purchase the most trashed pair of shoes of ebay, that AE would still accept for a recraft and document before and after, then disassemble.

gv7123456

Reaction score
Are you sure? I thought the purpose of this is to have them re-crafted, then take them apart to see if they hit the same holes.
Which would mean they need to be recrafted again?? Maybe I missed something, or maybe you don't want the shoes anymore. This would be something better suited for a cheap pair of shoes off ebay that no one planned on wearing, and was just for the sake of knowledge.

I would say purchase the most trashed pair of shoes of ebay, that AE would still accept for a recraft and document before and after, then disassemble.
But if it’s a pair whose history is unknown and we found extra holes we wouldn’t know if it came from this recrafting or something that happened before.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killing two stones with one bird.

Although it was McTavish Tuesday all across America when I took this picture wearing khaki grain McTavishes, by the time I get this picture posted it will still by McTavish Tuesday here in the Pacific Time Zone but it will be Wingtip Wednesday in the rest of America.

IMG_2802.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, aboard a Metro Red Line subway train enroute to the Vermont/Sunset station on the way the the monthly Paper Moon Vintage Full Moon Party.

One of the very few advantages of being 72 is you can sit in the old folks seats and only pay 35¢ to ride (75¢ during rush hours).

IMG_2800.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a champagne in a two piece plastic cup (which I assembled) at the Paper Moon Vintage Full Moon party picture.

IMG_2816.jpeg

One of the many things I didn't buy (although there is always a 25% off sale on days when there is a Full Moon) at Paper Moon Vintage.

IMG_2809.jpeg

Since this is a shoe thread, some of the vintage shoes for sale at Paper Moon Vintage.

IMG_2807.jpeg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all fondled the weatherproof Daltons?

Is it me or do they seriously feel really similar to the Indy line leather?
I have to check the style # on my pair, but I think they're the weatherproof Daltons. I thought the leather seemed pretty decent, especially for seconds.
IMG_20190925_1019208.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TS 19.2 bourbon shell Strands have arrived! They seem to be flawless. Even the burnishing on the toes, something I don't ordinarily care for, looks great. It's very subtle and adds a little depth. Cannot wait to wear these! View attachment 1278199
So nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics