• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could do that.
Yes! One of us! lol I am having a heart-healthy and laden soup right now. Chicken-foot-based broth with chicken hearts.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes! One of us! lol I am having a heart-healthy and laden soup right now. Chicken-foot-based broth with chicken hearts.
We had pork chops in the slow cooker, with a garlic honey sauce and cauliflower "mashed potatoes" with broccoli and a salad. Oh and to keep it on point, and shoe related, I was wearing my AE Sutter Mills that I found in the hall closet after wondering for a year what happened to them.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had pork chops in the slow cooker, with a garlic honey sauce and cauliflower "mashed potatoes" with broccoli and a salad. Oh and to keep it on point, and shoe related, I was wearing my AE Sutter Mills that I found in the hall closet after wondering for a year what happened to them.
I'm polishing my Cobbler Unions right now for the first time.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like them, been looking at the web site. Are they TTS?
Compared with the 65 last, the Louvre last is about as long, slightly more narrow at the widest point (but not nearly as narrow as AE 1943 last), and with a slightly wider heel.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, I am one of those that the 65 last fits fine, TTS Brannock device.
One thing I have noticed is that polishing this pair results in a LOT of black on the cloth. I started with Renovateur, and it blackened the clock as dark as if I had used a black polish! I couldn't tell on the shoe--it didn't seem to lose its color.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When @audog is online, I see the little green icon at the bottom of his avatar. To me it looks like his dog is using a green pacifier. I chuckle every time.

DD604D5A-8EFA-4E7A-8F25-A2FDDC2904F1.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When @audog is online, I see the little green icon at the bottom of his avatar. To me it looks like his dog is using a green pacifier. I chuckle every time.

View attachment 1278214
I like that!!!! If it were a chew toy, it would be correct, he can't go anywhere without a toy in his mouth (trait of a Golden Retriever).

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice meal!!!!! I would love to have that, but since we are now on a "heart healthy" diet due to wife's stent, I can only look at photos. I like the MM myself, but not a big bourbon guy either. Now if we are talking Merlot.............
I know a little of Pinot Noir but not Merlot.
Good food and good drink!
If you're looking for bourbon suggestions some of my favorites include Angel's Envy, Willett's, and really anything from the Buffalo Trace distillery.

Are you a scotch fan? Scotch is my jam.
Thanks, it was my favorite cut, a NY strip. And do you know, it was so good I neglected to use the A-1. lol. Thanks for the bourbon reco's. I will try those out as well. As for scotch, I've always drunk Dewar's and do like Glenlivet but Glenfiddich more - who wouldn't at near $100/ bottle.

Last edited:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bulleit FTW. Just don't ruin it with that ice.
Looking forward to the Bulleit...straight. And, btw, what I decided tonight on the MM is though easy to drink, a little too cinnamon-y to become my bourbon of choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.