• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Out for a bit of coffee. The Leeds will be worn till the big rains come.
880E684B-E6F5-49F8-A15B-7474269A24B2.jpeg 09A4F98B-BEA9-4510-968C-53A49CAC56EA.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys, I have been LoJacked. Upon entering Panera, one of the little girls handed me a cup of coffee and said to sit down. Breakfast will be out in a minute. I told her that I just was getting coffee. Then she let the cat out of the bag by saying “No, preciosa bebe, tengo mis instrucciones.” That came from my wife.

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This AE Academy could be a good summer pickup in Chromexcell. Made on the 2321 last which I found runs a 1/2 size large (in the Surrey). So too big for me by that much. Darn.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-5-3E-Al...hoes-Natural-Chromexcel-Wide-EEE/133059290894

This one also, an AE Cody, but looks too low in the vamp for me. @madhat, maybe?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMO...n-Tassel-Loafers-Sz-10-5-EEE-425/401772214716
The 2321 is too much volume for me as well.

Thanks for the heads up! You're right the lower vamp does work for me, but those are bit short for me. :D For my Randolphs (same last) I went with @Neo1 sizing guide recommendation of one width down from 65 size, so I went 11EE. Bit more heel slip than i'd like (606 and 2042 hold my heels in like champs), but the supposed tighter vamp of the Cody wouldn't be a bad thing.
I think i'd like to try 11.5E next; I usually start here for loafers and stretch the left for my pinkie toe.
Out for a bit of coffee. The Leeds will be worn till the big rains come.
View attachment 1182805 View attachment 1182806
Rolls! Rolls! Rolls!and
Guys, I have been LoJacked. Upon entering Panera, one of the little girls handed me a cup of coffee and said to sit down. Breakfast will be out in a minute. I told her that I just was getting coffee. The she let the cat out of the bag by saying “No, preciosa bebe, tengo mis instrucciones.” That came from my wife.
Haha! I can can even translate that...

JohnPatShop

Reaction score
Nomad chukkas spice brown (dark walnut) sole-switched to the Itshide commando lug. Thrilled thrilled thrilled. I really like the way the black sole makes a parallel line to the contrasting natural welt. Truly casual, unapologetically loud for a Goodyear welt shoe.
IMG_8502.JPG

IMG_8516.JPG Reverse Hubbins! IMG_8395.JPG IMG_8388.JPG
IMG_8512.JPG

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nomad chukk as spice brown (dark walnut) sole-switched to the Itshide commando lug. Thrilled thrilled thrilled. I really like the way the black sole makes a parallel line to the contrasting natural welt. Truly casual, unapologetically loud for a Goodyear welter shoe. View attachment 1182846
View attachment 1182848 Reverse Hubbibs! View attachment 1182850 View attachment 1182849 View attachment 1182847
Such a good color, but just admit it's orange. ;D

Good to know they'll let you change soles on the feather welts.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those look terrific. Do you wear your normal B width? And how do you find the fit compared to your shell Dundee and your Bradleys, both 511s?
I got these in a C width as the only B width they had seemed overly tight. My Dundee’s are regular B width with similar but better rolling.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of quick questions that perhaps one of you may know:

Have the Martimes recently changed lasts? I always thought they were on the 555 last, but the site says the 2592 last so I am confused now.

Second question: Does AE make the handsewns for Oak Street Bootmakers? They list their handsewns on the 555 last, which would be a strange coincidence, would it not? I really like a pair of their camp mocs that have me enticed so I'm curious about the sizing on them.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple of quick questions that perhaps one of you may know:

Have the Martimes recently changed lasts? I always thought they were on the 555 last, but the site says the 2592 last so I am confused now.

Second question: Does AE make the handsewns for Oak Street Bootmakers? They list their handsewns on the 555 last, which would be a strange coincidence, would it not? I really like a pair of their camp mocs that have me enticed so I'm curious about the sizing on them.
Seems so.
D0ED672E-1F15-4686-893C-70FE4EEC0971.png

Unfortunately when AE makes a change in description, it seems to be done globally. So the Clearance stuff comes up with inaccurate information. For the record, I do not have much trust in the descriptions lately as initial information is wrong and they correct themselves after SA’s send in emails.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems so.
View attachment 1182883
Unfortunately when AE makes a change in description, it seems to be done globally. So the Clearance stuff comes up with inaccurate information. For the record, I do not have much trust in the descriptions lately as initial information is wrong and they correct themselves after SA’s send in emails.
Yea the site just seems so inaccurate these days so I have trouble believing anything I read on it. It's a joke. I could've sworn when I bought my Maritimes last year that they were on the 555 last.

Anyway, I really want a new casual handsewn so I'm deciding between Rancourt and Oak Street. I've been delaying this purchase far too long.

Also, I'm sure it was mentioned (I haven't been in this thread in a month), but that recent survey they handed out had some of the ugliest piece of garbage shoes I could have ever imagined. Yikes.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1182448
Not a big fan of the quarters going so far down the vamp but it seems like a solid try.

I actually think these are pretty good as far as monkey boots go. This style is not really my jazz, not sure I can pull off that look, but relative to the absolute schlock that I was shown in the survey they are very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads