• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, that could get crazy! Hey, since I have your attention (when clearly your gorgeous wife should - tell her I say hi!) allow me to get on my soap box and show you this coolness I found at thrift today. Ever seen this? I'm looking forward to trying it out after the next garage session.

"Oxi clean on the laces. Warm water in a container, bit o the powder, soak."

Sounds good. I'm fresh out of Oxy and 20 Mule Team. I'm thinking Draino would be too much. I did a wash with hand soap but they still have eyelet marks on them.

Hahaha i have one of those somewhere.

There's a company called Violent Little Machine Shop that makes hilarious morale patches and various other swag. They had a subscription box a while back that at one point included a giant bar of duke. Never got around to using it but thats the exact one, so someone in your AO used to subscribe to the Little Box of Violence. #fridaytrivia

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a big noggin (7 1/2), so I get where you’re coming from. The only advice I can give you is to try some hats on and see if you can get input from your spouse and you might want to look for a brim of 2.25” to 2.5”, as that would be more proportional to your melon.
The shape of your face is very important. I am cursed with a relatively long face. Hats with tall crowns and/or short brims accentuate this and look awful on me. So no bowlers or trilbies.
Short crowned, moderately wide brimmed fedoras and panamas are better. Flat caps are best.
So the size of your head is only part of the consideration.

Last edited:

kentpope

Reaction score
Selling a pair of black Park Avenues in 8.5. Brand new for $225 shipped.

s-l16001.jpg

JohnPatShop

Reaction score
I like it also but feel it may cost me another $100 to resole rather quickly.
Short answer yes,
TL,DR They get spongy and springy long before really grinding down from tread wear. Problem with my (beloved) Tate chukkas is the insole is also Poron, so it's squishy rubber on dense poron foam underneath a firm glove leather insole. Too much squish, and it makes the leather feel uncomfortable. Put this sole on a more firm shoe like a Normandy and it's far more sensible.

Also, I stepped on a piece of metal and it punctured the sole clear into the insole.

So yeah, Itshide Commando is better, but the XL lug is comfier and looks aesthetically pleasing in my opinion

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WFH Friday. Golden brown Maritimes today.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190510134401349_COVER.jpg

Last edited:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bpanicola

Reaction score
Super-dig the watch - deets?

Thanks. It is a “root beer” dial GMT Master ref # 1675/3. It has a matte “nipple” dial, named that for dial color and the small indices. I don’t remember the year off hand but I believe it is from the mid 1970’s. In the late eighties Rolex went from the matte dials to satin and then glossy. The later dials have a tigers eye look to them. Rolex just released the modern day version at Basel in 2018.

Here are a couple pics. I have it on a nato today with gold hardware. I usually wear it in a two tone jubilee bracelet.

C2E0ABE7-973D-4F19-9354-F09E7F227033.jpeg

43E7894E-A634-48EA-8D95-8F02B52EB79C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads