• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When does title transfer occur? That’s got to be the answer right
Even if you paid for it, if you cannot touch, smell, or post, it never happened. Especially in my case. I buy a shoe, it comes and it just does not work for me. I exchange until I get something. Many of us have had shoes at home right up to day 89 and have exchanged.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A little shoe maintenance for tomorrow.
56F72BE1-3B03-46D1-AB9C-4A9E6494B643.jpeg

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And on another note, who is going to start the 2020 thread?

I think you (@audog ) or @Shoenut woiod be fine choices - I suspect the two of you are among the (if not the) top 2 posters here.

With that said, my vote is that @BFT9000 start the next thread. My reasoning:
1. I can’t think of anyone else with a collection >50 that is as dedicated to AE I may be overlooking someone, but the Strand King is basically AE only
2. He was a newb last year and thus ineligible based on the guidelines I just now made up, but has certainly shown himself to be a fixture this year.
3. He made those sweet trackers for both trunk shows. Seriously, I referred to those way more than I thought I would.
4. He has a very deliberate collection - I can think of no one more appropriate to start the 20-20 thread than someone with such clear vision.

Of course, I’m currently visiting family and drinking pretty heavily, so I could be waaaaay off base.

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of these absolutely gorgeous Dark Chili Macneil's. I haven't had any chili colored shoes from AE before so I think they are pretty fire.

But I must admit, I'd love to see AE bring back this vintage rubber heel design from the olden days. Had more character than the modern V heel.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you (@audog ) or @Shoenut woiod be fine choices - I suspect the two of you are among the (if not the) too 2 posters here.

1. I can’t think of anyone else with a collection >50 that is as dedicated to AE I may be overlooking someone, but the Strand King is basically AE only
2. He was a newb last year and thus ineligible based on the guidelines I just now made up, but has certainly shown himself to be a fixture this year.
3. He made those sweet trackers for both trunk shows. Seriously, I referred to those way more than I thought I would.
4. He has a very deliberate collection - I can think of no one more appropriate to start the 20-20 thread than someone with such clear vision.

Of course, I’m currently visiting family and drinking pretty heavily, so I could be waaaaay off base.
well reasoned. Seconded

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you (@audog ) or @Shoenut woiod be fine choices - I suspect the two of you are among the (if not the) too 2 posters here.

well reasoned. Seconded
Motion is carried. It is now in the hands of @BFT9000
The reasoning IS well thought out.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every year we encounter this same question......if ordered in current year, but won't be delivered until next calendar year, which is it? In this case a 2019 order, to be delivered in 2020, is it a 2020 pair or a 2019 pair? And on another note, who is going to start the 2020 thread?

Shoes must be received in 2019 to count for 2019.

lemmy127

Reaction score
Just took delivery of these absolutely gorgeous Dark Chili Macneil's. I haven't had any chili colored shoes from AE before so I think they are pretty fire.

View attachment 1306870 View attachment 1306869

But I must admit, I'd love to see AE bring back this vintage rubber heel design from the olden days. Had more character than the modern V heel.
View attachment 1306871

My non-buyer's remorse is palpable. I literally slept on it and it was sold out the next morning.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My non-buyer's remorse is palpable. I literally slept on it and it was sold out the next morning.
I get over mine by remembering that it will cost me more money to install toe taps on the leather. Now, if I’m the MacNeil has v tread on that sale, is have jumped on it or regretted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members