• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to finally meet Mr. Roycru today at the Bloke in Pasadena. They were having an interesting trunk show event. Roy and I talked a lot about Lake Balboa and other things related to the valley and LA. It was nice to finally meet him!

This store's owner was very polite and so were the sales people. They had a pretty nice selection of Alden shoes. One of the displays was an Indy boot in 8 D on the trubalance last. It was definitely wide with the thin socks I was wearing, but I think it would work okay with thicker winter socks. I'm thinking 8 C would fit me really well on the trubalance last.

Anyway, here are a few shots of a 9EEE vs 8D.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shopping and lunch with the Mrs today.

Seemed like a suede boot kind of day.

IMG_20191214_173704.jpg
IMG_20191214_170625.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since @ProfilaBinding didn't post a food picture in a shoe thread, here's the food picture in a shoe thread that goes with his post, a gingerbread cupcake and me at Vanilla Bake Shop in Pasadena CA.

IMG_3332.jpeg

Here's a close-up of the little gingerbread men on top of the gingerbread cupcake.

IMG_3333.jpeg

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you exchange these?

Cigar Strands have a weird cross-hatchy mark just in front and to the right of the bottom lace (camera doesn't capture great) - the welt gash is also unusually bad and the seam up the right heel is pretty bad and off center.

Walnut 5th aves just have some very lazy and streaky finishing. Pics don't capture it very well.
I wouldn’t exchange if they’re seconds. That’s pretty common stuff.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 2-for-$10 shoe trees came in from Jos A Bank and they are NOT Woodlore, interestingly.

They are made by Rochester Shoe Tree Co. The most notable differences are the wider handle and the lower height of the front section.
3E96FAA5-553F-4458-9E9F-FE5EC2C19CA7.jpeg

Here it is to the left of comparable Woodlore trees, two larges on the left and an X-large on the right.
31995973-6E71-4F84-B4A2-F7F70093CF84.jpeg
E02715F5-67AF-4EF1-A2AF-8615016EFB96.jpeg

And here is another side shot with various other trees, from left to right:

New Jos A Bank trees (L), Woodlore split-toe (L), split-toe (XL), solid-toe (S), solid toe (M), solid toe (L). Someone mentioned Woodlore has recently changed their shape, FWIW all of my other trees are several years old.
C265C634-9883-4FE3-A2FF-BEBD147468DF.jpeg

Excuse the rough looking blanket but it worked for easy photos.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boxes specific to "shoes" I've viewed all appeared cheaply made and with corroborating reviews.
So at your suggestion I just googled "wood box". Who knew?! I'll look a little more but the one shown below might already be the ticket.
Great idea! Thanks.

That is a great idea. One on the way!

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Celebrating McTavish Thursday by wearing khaki grain McTavishes as well as showing where I stand on Italy (where some A-E shoes are made).

View attachment 1297734

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, attempting to fully grasp the gravity of the situation.

(This is yet another example how Allen-Edmonds shoes are supperior to Cole-Haan shoes. You can't do this wearing Cole-Haan shoes. Allen-Edmonds should use this picture in their catalogs and advertising.)

View attachment 1297735

To make up for the lack of a food picture (all the blood rushed to my head after taking the above picture causing me to lose my appetite) here's a seasonal "A-E In The Wild" picture.

View attachment 1297739

Some may recognize this as the living room from the film, "It's A Wonderful Life".

If every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings, most angels got their wings from the bells at tens of thousands of railroad crossings and the bells on tens of thousands of locomotives.
Funny. I thought that living room was decorated in black and white. Looks different in color!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads