• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bradleys again today - No, my pants don't really look like two balloons.

11-08-17 Bradley.jpg

schweezly

Reaction score
Quick question, I use the Fifth Avenue on a 8.5 E in the 65 last. Would the Fifth Streets or even the Hamilton fit me as a 9D? That’s my true size and technically the 9D felt fine on the Fifth Avnues and Park Avenues I tried at the store, the problem was that I had some very slight heel slip. I’m thinking because these are boots, they’d fit better. Thoughts?

Also because they’re balmorals, I’m unsure if the laces would close well as a 8.5E because my Fifth Avenues in that size still have a bit of a gap.

Thanks guys!

i doubt it. Honestly, I’d try an 8.5d. I find the Hamilton to fit even roomier than the Strandmok, which already is roomy compared to 65 last shoes. I wear a 10d in the Strandmok, 10e in strand. 10d in the Hamilton was loose on me everywhere and I got full closure. Didn’t try with a heavy sock though

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick question, I use the Fifth Avenue on a 8.5 E in the 65 last. Would the Fifth Streets or even the Hamilton fit me as a 9D? That’s my true size and technically the 9D felt fine on the Fifth Avnues and Park Avenues I tried at the store, the problem was that I had some very slight heel slip. I’m thinking because these are boots, they’d fit better. Thoughts?

Also because they’re balmorals, I’m unsure if the laces would close well as a 8.5E because my Fifth Avenues in that size still have a bit of a gap.

Thanks guys!
Maybe. It doesn't hurt to try. You'll definitely have a bit more gap than you would at 8.5E.
i doubt it. Honestly, I’d try an 8.5d. I find the Hamilton to fit even roomier than the Strandmok, which already is roomy compared to 65 last shoes. I wear a 10d in the Strandmok, 10e in strand. 10d in the Hamilton was loose on me everywhere and I got full closure. Didn’t try with a heavy sock though
Really? I didn't find my pair to be any roomier than the Fifth St or Cronmoks.

schweezly

Reaction score
Maybe. It doesn't hurt to try. You'll definitely have a bit more gap than you would at 8.5E.

Really? I didn't find my pair to be any roomier than the Fifth St or Cronmoks.

he said 5th ave though. I don’t own either of the boots you mentioned though, so maybe it’s an anomaly on my end. The hardest part for me was they laced all the way closed and still weren’t tight

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Today is a Florsheim Friday. These were originally all black and I had them resoled to change out the welt stitch color and edges to antique. Some of those pictures at the spoiler. Note to @ae_ashley, wouldn't this make a nice MacNeil webgem?

These started as old Florsheims I found on Ebay for around $50. Wrinkled vamps for sure.

Then I did a water reshape of the shoes. See vcleat.com for details on how to do that.

Recrafted the soles and had new soles stained to look original. Work done by Steve at Bedos leather works.

Finished product.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he said 5th ave though. I don’t own either of the boots you mentioned though, so maybe it’s an anomaly on my end. The hardest part for me was they laced all the way closed and still weren’t tight
Interesting. I don't remember you having low volume so full closure at your 65 size is surprising indeed.
I found my Fifth Ave to be possibly more voluminous than the boots, but I definitely caulked that pair up to variances between pairs.

Draconestra

Reaction score

The laces closed fine on the Park and Fifth Avenues last time I remember. It was just the heel slip that was the problem. Honestly, it was such a minor problem but I felt far more comfortable with the 8.5E. I may have a narrow he

Really? I know shoes between lasts sometimes vary, but when I’ve tried the a 8.5D on the 65, it was really tight.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Brown Burnished Strand with no medallion, from the old MTO program.

I really like the look! Totally unique.

Freezing rain today, so no hero shots. I didn't expect these next...
View attachment 1275054 View attachment 1275055 View attachment 1275056

Oh my! Those are amazing... It never crossed my mind to get a pair like that.

It might be unpopular around here but I prefer the Alden version over the Randolph; however those are phenomenal!!! What welt color is that?

tenor.gif

Welcome! If that grouping of shoes doesn't double by this time next year, we'll have to revoke your membership!;)

Kidding, but that looks like a well rounded set of shoes with different styles and colors! You've got your bases covered!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads