• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in a store today with a vibe so similar that I felt in attendance at TS19 2.0.

There was window shopping...
a welcoming SA...
browsers were inside..
refreshments were on hand..
snacks, too..
stockrooms were checked..
registers were rung..
an exhausting good time was had by all...
except for those shut out on pretty, antique cherry scraped shell..
..the end.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chicagobred

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere (I'm sure it has), but I can't seem to find any solid information on it.

I'm interested in a Leeds makeup during the trunk show, but I've been unable to visit an Allen Edmonds store to find out my proper sizing, and I won't have time before the end of the trunk show.

Can somebody speak towards their sizing in Park Ave. versus the Leeds? I'm a perfect 9D in the Park Ave. I'm leaning towards a 9D in the Leeds, but I've read reports that it runs narrow for some people. Thoughts? Thank you for your help!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere (I'm sure it has), but I can't seem to find any solid information on it.

I'm interested in a Leeds makeup during the trunk show, but I've been unable to visit an Allen Edmonds store to find out my proper sizing, and I won't have time before the end of the trunk show.

Can somebody speak towards their sizing in Park Ave. versus the Leeds? I'm a perfect 9D in the Park Ave. I'm leaning towards a 9D in the Leeds, but I've read reports that it runs narrow for some people. Thoughts? Thank you for your help!
I pretty much wear a 10D in most Allen Edmonds lasts. The 511 is weird for me because the Leeds fit well in 10D, the Dalton is ok as well. The Dundee for some reason just doesn't work for me, and I have tried it in various sizes. For me, I would wear the same size in the PA and Leeds. Definitely try them on if you can.

Last edited:

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I pretty much wear a 10D in most Allen Edmonds lasts. The 511 is weird for me because the Leeds fit well in 10D, the Dalton is ok as well. The Dundee for some reason just doesn't work for me, and I have tried it in various sizes. For me I would wear the same size in the PA and Leeds. Definitely try them on if you can.
YMMV, but most here would not buy a shell pair in an untested model/Last.

My size experiences may be skewed by size range...
but I wear 15D Leeds and 14eee Park Aves.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Mac Monday.
5DD897A6-C009-480C-958D-A239EECADB96.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The store that I frequent screwed the pooch. They relied on company email to alert their customers. With the surprise of the fist 2019 trunk show, they made personal calls. Let’s face it, I barely look at the company emails. They send too many for me to take note. The TS email came just a few days before the event. SF is where I get my sales information.
That is kinda what my point was about though! Some people don’t know and just pop into a store—perhaps a hosting store! They may or may not make a TS order, and perhaps they don’t care about rare shell colors like green, bourbon, navy, or chili.

munchau

Reaction score

As @BagleyBrown just said, do not order blind. I wear 14e/15d in the 65/201 last and I can only do 15d comfortably in the 511. I find it to be way shorter and narrower than the 65.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unless you can afford to possibly not order the correct size (no returns for size on these), I would recommend you find a way to verify size before ordering. Do you know your Brannock size? 511 is considered true to size. Some take the 65 (Park Ave) TTS and some go down a length and up a width.
Compare notes with Neo on the 65 vs 511 here

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, is it Mac Monday, or McMonday? I think I messed up...
View attachment 1241768

Thanks for all the shell Dundee shots folks. Absolutely stunning. You filthy weasels.
There would be more McMonday's for me but for some reason the newer ones are not in my size. It is a conspiracy to keep me away from pure veg tanned casuals.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.