• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t worn these in quite a while
7A16C33C-7E58-4A51-8951-C97A419B9190.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait, is it Mac Monday, or McMonday? I think I messed up...
View attachment 1241768

Thanks for all the shell Dundee shots folks. Absolutely stunning. You filthy weasels.
There would be more McMonday's for me but for some reason the newer ones are not in my size. It is a conspiracy to keep me away from pure veg tanned casuals.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is kinda what my point was about though! Some people don’t know and just pop into a store—perhaps a hosting store! They may or may not make a TS order, and perhaps they don’t care about rare shell colors like green, bourbon, navy, or chili.
Unfortunately if I walked into a host store on the last day of a TS and just learned of it, I probably would not make a purchase at all.

schweezly

Reaction score
Good morning all, hope those who got to the store for the TS had a good time.

Side question about toe room...how do you determine too much? I’m usually in shoes that are too tight in the toes. I found a pair of strandmok’s where my heel is locked in good but I feel a good amount of room above my toes in the box. I can also tell I’ll get some creasing over the cap.

These are TTS (10d.) I thought about going to a 9.5e but won’t they have more volume overall?

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good morning all, hope those who got to the store for the TS had a good time.

Side question about toe room...how do you determine too much? I’m usually in shoes that are too tight in the toes. I found a pair of strandmok’s where my heel is locked in good but I feel a good amount of room above my toes in the box. I can also tell I’ll get some creasing over the cap.

These are TTS (10d.) I thought about going to a 9.5e but won’t they have more volume overall?
My answer will probably be disagreed with, but if you are fitting well in the arch of the foot. So the ball of your foot is aligning with the widest part of the shoe, it does not matter if you have 300 feet of extra toe room. But if the ball of your foot is past that area of the shoe, a 9.5E may be a better fix for you.

pedarius

Reaction score
The store that I frequent *********** pooch. They relied on company email to alert their customers. With the surprise of the fist 2019 trunk show, they made personal calls. Let’s face it, I barely look at the company emails. They send too many for me to take note. The TS email came just a few days before the event. SF is where I get my sales information.
Despite a few dozen pairs of AE, and a TS19.1 order, I got no emails from anywhere about the current trunk show.

For TS19.1, my local store did reach out to their internal email list of customers in advance (the day before the show, admittedly) with a blast email that had specifics on the options and how they could fulfill the order. To encourage that, I ordered through them rather than go through one of the SAs I've dealt with remotely, and they did a good job--I got the bourbon I wasn't really expecting to get.

For TS19.2, nothing from them or AE nationally. I am on the fence about ordering locally or through Charleston/Paramus/etc. It's great that AE/Caleres are doing these events, but it's a wasted opportunity if they don't figure out how to promote and tie it in with the retail network better. They're paying the overhead on those stores either way . . .

schweezly

Reaction score
My answer will probably be disagreed with, but if you are fitting well in the arch of the foot. So the ball of your foot is aligning with the widest part of the shoe, it does not matter if you have 300 feet of extra toe room. But if the ball of your foot is past that area of the shoe, a 9.5E may be a better fix for you.

Thanks, I’ll probably stop by the store for advice too. They seem to fit well but may be a hair long. It’s more of the volume of the toebox, not the length, that concerns me though

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite a few dozen pairs of AE, and a TS19.1 order, I got no emails from anywhere about the current trunk show.

For TS19.1, my local store did reach out to their internal email list of customers in advance (the day before the show, admittedly) with a blast email that had specifics on the options and how they could fulfill the order. To encourage that, I ordered through them rather than go through one of the SAs I've dealt with remotely, and they did a good job--I got the bourbon I wasn't really expecting to get.

For TS19.2, nothing from them or AE nationally. I am on the fence about ordering locally or through Charleston/Paramus/etc. It's great that AE/Caleres are doing these events, but it's a wasted opportunity if they don't figure out how to promote and tie it in with the retail network better. They're paying the overhead on those stores either way . . .

I wonder what the reasoning is for having zero information about the trunk show on their website. I mean, at least put up a page with pictures of shell samples and tell people that they can buy these shoes by calling into a store.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll probably stop by the store for advice too. They seem to fit well but may be a hair long. It’s more of the volume of the toebox, not the length, that concerns me though
I completely agree with Shoenut. Glad he got it type up before I saw this. He's got a bit of clout around here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads