• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder what the overall numbers are. Perhaps the people just dropping in and seeing these shoes without knowing about the event ahead of time do get black shell and 5As.
The store that I frequent *********** pooch. They relied on company email to alert their customers. With the surprise of the fist 2019 trunk show, they made personal calls. Let’s face it, I barely look at the company emails. They send too many for me to take note. The TS email came just a few days before the event. SF is where I get my sales information.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Delicious. It was on a bed of grits as is customary. Tomato based sauce of some sort if flavors are to be believed.
I love to cook trout, such a nice fish to fry. I'm always interested in how others cook it.
You ALWAYS have such nice food pix, as does @Roycru , keep up the pix.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in a store today with a vibe so similar that I felt in attendance at TS19 2.0.

There was window shopping...
a welcoming SA...
browsers were inside..
refreshments were on hand..
snacks, too..
stockrooms were checked..
registers were rung..
an exhausting good time was had by all...
except for those shut out on pretty, antique cherry scraped shell..
..the end.

Attachments

• 20190915_132023.jpg
    20190915_132023.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190915_132110~3.jpg
    20190915_132110~3.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20190915_132634.jpg
    20190915_132634.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Chicagobred

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere (I'm sure it has), but I can't seem to find any solid information on it.

I'm interested in a Leeds makeup during the trunk show, but I've been unable to visit an Allen Edmonds store to find out my proper sizing, and I won't have time before the end of the trunk show.

Can somebody speak towards their sizing in Park Ave. versus the Leeds? I'm a perfect 9D in the Park Ave. I'm leaning towards a 9D in the Leeds, but I've read reports that it runs narrow for some people. Thoughts? Thank you for your help!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere (I'm sure it has), but I can't seem to find any solid information on it.

I'm interested in a Leeds makeup during the trunk show, but I've been unable to visit an Allen Edmonds store to find out my proper sizing, and I won't have time before the end of the trunk show.

Can somebody speak towards their sizing in Park Ave. versus the Leeds? I'm a perfect 9D in the Park Ave. I'm leaning towards a 9D in the Leeds, but I've read reports that it runs narrow for some people. Thoughts? Thank you for your help!
I pretty much wear a 10D in most Allen Edmonds lasts. The 511 is weird for me because the Leeds fit well in 10D, the Dalton is ok as well. The Dundee for some reason just doesn't work for me, and I have tried it in various sizes. For me, I would wear the same size in the PA and Leeds. Definitely try them on if you can.

Last edited:

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I pretty much wear a 10D in most Allen Edmonds lasts. The 511 is weird for me because the Leeds fit well in 10D, the Dalton is ok as well. The Dundee for some reason just doesn't work for me, and I have tried it in various sizes. For me I would wear the same size in the PA and Leeds. Definitely try them on if you can.

YMMV, but most here would not buy a shell pair in an untested model/Last.

My size experiences may be skewed by size range...
but I wear 15D Leeds and 14eee Park Aves.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The store that I frequent *********** pooch. They relied on company email to alert their customers. With the surprise of the fist 2019 trunk show, they made personal calls. Let’s face it, I barely look at the company emails. They send too many for me to take note. The TS email came just a few days before the event. SF is where I get my sales information.

That is kinda what my point was about though! Some people don’t know and just pop into a store—perhaps a hosting store! They may or may not make a TS order, and perhaps they don’t care about rare shell colors like green, bourbon, navy, or chili.

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As @BagleyBrown just said, do not order blind. I wear 14e/15d in the 65/201 last and I can only do 15d comfortably in the 511. I find it to be way shorter and narrower than the 65.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unless you can afford to possibly not order the correct size (no returns for size on these), I would recommend you find a way to verify size before ordering. Do you know your Brannock size? 511 is considered true to size. Some take the 65 (Park Ave) TTS and some go down a length and up a width.
Compare notes with Neo on the 65 vs 511 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads