• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think we need pictures! Also, what about welt stitching?
I'll post some kind of resource for you tomorrow. Welt stitching will be tonal and default.

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think @ae_ashley might have meant the brown Neumok. The Strandmok doesn't currently have a leather sole.

The brown Strandmok was the one I had in mind, although it doesn't have a leather sole, you still get that sliver of color and it came to mind. I'll post a resource for everyone tomorrow.

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, I keep hearing about the trunk shows, but how do I find info on them? thanks
I post here and on several other social media platforms. You can also contact stores or pm me with any questions or ideas you have. For this trunk show, I posted all the details on page 1570. Let me know if you need anything expanded on!

tcbinnc

Reaction score
When you think about it, pretty amazing how many AE split-toe iterations have come, and gone, over the years. Perhaps more than any other style? Just guessing on that. This one, the Seneca, also now defunct but new to me, I think I rather like, and of course the always rich, Bradley in suede.

Attachments

goalaso

Reaction score
I post here and on several other social media platforms. You can also contact stores or pm me with any questions or ideas you have. For this trunk show, I posted all the details on page 1570. Let me know if you need anything expanded on!
will we be able to do split sizing, i.e. right and left pair different sizes?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you think about it, pretty amazing how many AE split-toe iterations have come, and gone, over the years. Perhaps more than any other style? Just guessing on that. This one, the Seneca, also now defunct but new to me, I think I rather like, and of course the always rich, Bradley in suede.
The split toe is one style that has to come and go. If you get 10 guys who like that style, you will have 10 different opinions on what looks best. All hand stitched? Machine stitched? Split with an apron? How long should the apron be? I like the Walton but others like the Delray. Yet others want a full Algonquin. For what seems to be a simple style there are a lot of combinations that a small subset of buyers are looking for.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brown Strandmok was the one I had in mind, although it doesn't have a leather sole, you still get that sliver of color and it came to mind. I'll post a resource for everyone tomorrow.
Oh I see. I'll choose the lightest color sole option and then darken it if needed. At the very least, I've become confident in how to lighten and darken my sole edges.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
El rayo burritos y guacamole in St. Charles does a good menudo on the weekends. Drink too much on Saturday and stop in Sunday morning. Or just stick with the hole in the wall joints. Just stay off of 3rd Street.
Much appreciated @Shoenut

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I keep hearing about the trunk shows, but how do I find info on them? thanks
If you look at the tags at the top of the page, you'll see info on where to find the details. Post #233554 on page 1570. I'd repost, but, it's a lot of info!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the Walton on a Monday. These are the last of the 73 last for now? This last is nice and wide at the ball of the foot with a low cone. Great for the flat footed guy. Because it is a Blucher even big footed guys can find a fit. Split toe goodness if you like a short apron and are ok with the circumcised look. My preference for sure. Still good size range in black for $199. Brown is more spotty.
F7E2B000-A4EB-4526-B423-34C02641352F.jpeg
AA44AB20-FF81-4BB2-82DA-6A934AFC9A96.jpeg

Enjoy boys.

Last edited:

munchau

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the 93602 pair I have, in my brannock size of 10.5 3E, fits close to like a glove. Whereas my AE shell MacNeil in the same size offers a bit more room width-wise and in length. The latter however is also much more broken in, and so, perhaps a bit of shoe stretching could still get you there? The experts would have to weigh in. Also, I just described my entire "exotic" shoe collection. lol. Currently.
Cool thanks. The MacNeil in 14e fits amazingly. I imagine I could do a 15d.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.