• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to get my hands on an old Florsheim imperial, either 93602 or 605. I’ve never seen one In 14e. Do they exist? Or do they run wide?

nmh20

Reaction score
Little Bick 4 today for one of my better purchases in the last year or so. The Hearst, briefly offered by Nordstrom - I had hopes that these would be added to the normal lineup.

I’ve struggled to find laces to accommodate these though, any ideas where to find decent boot laces for these? Most are about 6” too long.

Attachments

• 79FC3474-5CE3-422E-8E21-4D50CDD37476.jpeg
    79FC3474-5CE3-422E-8E21-4D50CDD37476.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 45

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Little Bick 4 today for one of my better purchases in the last year or so. The Hearst, briefly offered by Nordstrom - I had hopes that these would be added to the normal lineup.

I’ve struggled to find laces to accommodate these though, any ideas where to find decent boot laces for these? Most are about 6” too long.
I was thinking about getting some metal aglets to shorten a pair of mine, but this gave me a great idea... just gotta find some clear heat shrink in the right diameter now.
Like this

schweezly

Reaction score

I used guarded goods rawhide, because you can cut them to your preferred length

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Range day in the sturgis 2.0 today. Weather report was courtesy of Adrian Kronauer. Should have listened. My 6.5 Grendel needs a rebarrel; the budget tube I got is not the level of accuracy I'm looking for. Sucks to have to pay a lot more but it be what it be.

Anywho.

Here's a fun gif. Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Aries?

VibrantHollowLadybird-size_restricted.gif

nmh20

Reaction score
I used guarded goods rawhide, because you can cut them to your preferred length
I don’t love rawhide laces for whatever reason, but at this point this seems like the most practical solution.

Cutting a pair down and melting down the ends is an option I hadn’t considered

schweezly

Reaction score
I don’t love rawhide laces for whatever reason, but at this point this seems like the most practical solution.

Cutting a pair down and melting down the ends is an option I hadn’t considered

You do t have to even melt down the ends.

I’m with you because I feel they can’t be tightened as much, but it’s kind of the best option I found

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've also struggled with this issue with this same boot. I tried cutting rawhide to length, but they are a little bit thicker than I'd like. The search continues. Until then, I just use the stock laces and wrap around, but I'm not a fan of that method in general.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've also struggled with this issue with this same boot. I tried cutting rawhide to length, but they are a little bit thicker than I'd like. The search continues. Until then, I just use the stock laces and wrap around, but I'm not a fan of that method in general.
Try 550 cord.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads