• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My company right now has a bit of an identity crisis.

I have been breaking in my Dundee Cordovan Chukka this week, and I intend to wear it with a fairly recent bespoke windowpane grey suit. I like the confidence of chukkas, the quality of cordovan, and the fact that it's a plain toe to be a nice sartorial complement to the tailored look.

...And I fully expect nobody to notice or care but me. Instead, I expect off the cuff comments from the poorly dressed folks in baby blue Levis about overdressing and wearing a suit...

I think Cordovan can look excellent with a suit if done right.

Agree 100% with this.

We are business formal or occasionally business casual (jacket and tie) at work and I do not expect that to change soon, or even in the future. If I am meeting with chairs and voting staff will usually wear black shell PA with a suit. They are the only shell I put on more wax than just a touch once or twice a year. And they have that depth of color jelly bean look, have a pair of black calf PA but don't think I have worn them more than once or twice.

Burgundy Cambridge or Cappuccino shell MacAllisters when I feel the need to have a bit more of a power look, and they are effective at that IME. Walnut shell Strands and others for general purpose wear.

But my burgundy shell Dundee's get a lot of use for all situations. As my hair has gotten lighter my suits have gotten darker. When you try on a light grey or tan suit\jacket and the SA says that may not be your best color it pays to look in the mirror, but at least I have hair. However it has caused most of my brown shoes to be delegated to jacket and tie days where my pants are often lighter colored.

I have worn the Dundee's in the most formal occasions with a suit and never felt out of place. If your comfortable with them and it makes you feel good then I see no reason to not wear them with a suit. Or shell PA for that matter.

Beats the pants out of sitting in the world's biggest basement.
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

Doesn't Singapore still have caning as punishment in the judicial system? LOL just saying... Been a long time since I've been there.

I might know a couple of people that were in a room in the world's largest office basement located on the East Coast during Desert Shield and Storm.

He has a bit of a German look to him even though he is from Wisconsin originally.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got it and played the game. That natural McTavish was the highlight for me. I hope it makes it to production. I was surprised they threw in the PA and Strand at all. I was not a fan of those lugged monk straps though.

Also, BLUE Dainite is a thing. Not sure how I feel about that outside of a 'school spirit' shoe but maybe.
"Played the game" haha.

I wonder why they included the black PA and walnut Strand. I wasn't very excited by the huge lugged sole shoes. I was hoping they would reintroduce the University and then add a new color for the Walton. The Whitney looked pretty nice, but it looks like they put it on the 1943.

I'm assuming only the real weasels got the survey.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Singapore still have caning as punishment in the judicial system? LOL just saying... Been a long time since I've been there.

I might know a couple of people that were in a room in the world's largest office basement located on the East Coast during Desert Shield and Storm.

Not sure about the caning, but I don't intend to spit on the sidewalk if I ever go there so I should be okay. ;)

As to that building, I always grin when I recall the hot dog stand's claim to fame.....

MansardRoof

Reaction score

Quote:

Well they're amazing - congrats! Wonder what they'd look like with flat laces...

Quote:
I'd use Bick 4 as a pure conditioner and Renovateur or Saphir Greasy Leather Cream. The latter will leave a much more matte finish (which I like). I've seen some stuff on Horween's site and other places that recommend very light coatings of neatsfoot oil as well.

My McT's are Dublin, and it's a terrific leather that needs very little...
And with flat laces
bc1c5231cc952df975fda8ea952e47ac.jpg

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like them well enough on others but can't say I'd wear them myself. Then again, I felt the same way about tassel loafers until I saw @orange fury's blue suede Achesons. Being north of 40 probably helps too. The older I get, the more sartorially adventurous I become. Props to the younger guys pulling off stuff I waited on.

Being north of 40 does help, but since I'm south of 30, a "doesnt give a sh*t" attitude helps lol

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moving today, so Brooks:

On topic, I look like I'm opening my own AE store (keeping the boxes was a positive life choice):

The closet space is gnarly though, I have my own walk in closet. Pics of shoeracks spanning an entire wall to come soon.

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one whose trunk show order hasn't even shipped yet? Starting to get pretty envious of those who've already received their orders ...

Another guy in your shoes (so to speak...) - looking forward to my Natty Strands, but have set my mind to June 1st so I don't go crazy in anticipation. I'd be thrilled if they came sooner!

Shoes4play

Reaction score
I successfully placed an order for 30% off a pair of Cordovan Cap Toe boots. I received an email with the order number and card processing. However, when I check my order status today nothing comes up. It's as if the order is not there.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Must be my lucky day.

Last edited:

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And with flat laces

bc1c5231cc952df975fda8ea952e47ac.jpg

Those look terrible. Those also look like they're probably in my size. Just as an FYI, I'd be willing to look terrible in them for you. I'll PM you my address, you can send them to me, and then we can have our own Brotherhood of the Traveling Daltons. I'll have t-shirts made up. It will be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads