• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While multiple pictures of blue shell MacNeils have been posted, I decided to take some initial pictures despite not having on the proper color socks and slacks. Blue with antique welt and edges. Now, where are those brass eyelets? For now, just a change of laces to match the edges and ready to go.

Last edited:

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While multiple pictures of blue shell MacNeils have been posted, I decided to take some initial pictures despite not having on the proper color socks and slacks. Blue with antique welt and edges. Now, where are those brass eyelets?
Verynice
1f61b.png

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score

While multiple pictures of blue shell MacNeils have been posted, I decided to take some initial pictures despite not having on the proper color socks and slacks. Blue with antique welt and edges. Now, where are those brass eyelets? For now, just a change of laces to match the edges and ready to go.
Really beautiful - those came out perfect , and I prefer that welt over natural now that I see it.

RichieP

Reaction score
My first (half?) Walnut Wednesday! Yes - believe it or not, after 12 pairs, these are my first walnut calf.

Early morning sunrise light:

And during after-work beers:

With the big v-gap, I was concerned about break-in across the top of my foot, and the double oak soles are rougher on me, too. I was in these for 13 hours today, and I never felt uncomfortable. I love quality shoes! The cork and double oak will eventually give way like they did on my McTavishes, and then I'll be set.

And these made a co-worker turn around mid-hallway and say "those are fancy shoes!" LOL

drinian

Reaction score
So I found these Brooks Brothers walnut strands waiting for me when I go home! Made my day. They are seconds. However I can only find a few minor flaws. They are actually in better shape then any shoe I've gotten on the clearance section of the website. Fit great to.

MansardRoof

Reaction score

So I found these Brooks Brothers walnut strands waiting for me when I go home! Made my day. They are seconds. However I can only find a few minor flaws. They are actually in better shape then any shoe I've gotten on the clearance section of the website. Fit great to.

The color is perfect. Did you find those in Port Washington?

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
I love the pics of the new shell cordovan shoes that so many of you have been sharing. If I ever buy a pair of shell shoes, it would likely not be a strictly casual shoe, like a boot or loafer; I would like to be able to wear it with suits. What shell styles would you recommend? It seems as if some of the depth of color shell allows would be lost with black. Perhaps a burgundy Park Avenue or a brown Strand?

The reason I'm not a huge fan of shell is because I just won't wear it with a suit, so for that reason it's not as versatile for my requirements. Many people certainly do or they wouldn't make the shell PA, so it's not as if you'd be that far into fashion faux pas land. If you do decide to wear shell with a suit, the order of preference I'd go with is PA, Cambridge, Leeds, and MacNeil. The Strand would fit somewhere in there, but it's typically brown unless MTO, so perhaps with an appropriately colored suit. As far as colors go it would be black, burgundy, and everything else at least for the standard black, charcoal, grey, or navy suits.

As someone else pointed out, most everyone else these days treats shoes as an afterthought and wear complete crap with suits, so it's hard to go that far out with most anything in shell that AE offers.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe it was Port Washington. From the shoe bank website. For some reason the Brooks Brothers ones are cheaper then the Allen Edmonds branded ones.
Neat! I didn't know there was a shoe bank website. In the old days you had to email them and AE would send an excel spreadsheet with available shoes.

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's AE's. These are some that you either like'em or your don't. I gotta say when I first got the I didn't like but now that t have worn them a few times I do now. Super comfortable. Like or not?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not wearing AEs today, so here's a squirrel quoting Boondock Saints.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chambray and longwings. Had my first massage last night. Held back tears on multiple occasions. Either my back is jacked up or I'm a wuss. Or both. Also need to figure out how to DIY remove a link on this watch...

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odds are your back is jacked.

Mine's jacked from a kersplosion and other such Afghani-related things. I do the rubdown thing regularly (doesn't hurt being married to a massage therapist) and it halps. A lots.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chambray and longwings. Had my first massage last night. Held back tears on multiple occasions. Either my back is jacked up or I'm a wuss. Or both. Also need to figure out how to DIY remove a link on this watch...

Sooooo.... No happy ending?

On the other thing, it's easy with the right tool. TWSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads