• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bolder looked and felt cheap. I agree with @nhlducks35 about looking at Rancourt.
Thanks, just checked and the Wetline penny loafer in snuff suede look's awesome, not sure I want to spend that much on them though. Not something I see getting a ton of use.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the shell cordovan MacNeil from the flash sale today. They appear to be in the older burgundy color, before they started changing the finish. Also, noticed the logo is different compared to what they do now. Can someone tell me when AE started changing the finish on color 8 and using the new shell cordovan logo on the outsole?

Thanks

Those are actually two iterations ago. The current one has the new logo. The last one had the old logo, but the Horween stamp. Those are even earlier. I've got some with all three types. My guess would actually be 8+ years old. Not uncommon for shell at AE. Also, judging from the sticker residue, those were floor models.

What @polojock615 said. I just checked and my oldest shell is burgundy Leeds which are well worn and modified. However think from my existing soles over the last few years and those pretty sure I can tell, those are vintage.

Never doubt the polojock. He knows of what he speaks.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
For how long has there been a non-Brooks black grain MacNeil? I was surprised to see one on the ShoeBank website tonight.

RitchieBro

Reaction score

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv

PSA: There is a pair of 11.5 E cappuccino shell Dundees on ebay for a solid price.

My size; fair price; but... I'm not so sure they are Cappuccino shell. I have a few pairs in Cappucinno / Truffle shoes from AE and they are much lighter. That looks a lot like my dark brown cordovan Dundees. @ColdIron has Dundees in both dark brown shell cordovan and Cappuccino / Truffle shell cordovan. The ebay pair looks more like his dark brown pair to me. If these were closer to what I consider Cappuccino, I'd be foolish enough to buy them.
Looks like the seller is a forum reader, and has posted new photos. The shell definitely looks lighter, like truffle. It's definitely not dark brown IMO.

HueyFC

Reaction score
I do not have the HM or any others on the 1757 last, yet. I'm fortunate in that most AE shoes and boots fit me TTS or at least 1, 5, 7 lasts. And feet can vary a lot so what works for one person may not work for the next. And going up in size from TTS can fit better, or worse, for some people then going out a size in width. So it would be hard for me to help you on fit.

I do have the Katmai they are some where around 5 years old now. They have seen a lot of wear but very casual including mud and snow. The suede on the back panels is much longer than the front it is sort of a strange design, but for casual use they work for me. Good luck just wanted you to know that they are a bit rougher in appearance than might appear at first glance. But work for me and what I use them for.

To give you an idea comparison wise the Katmai is on the left. MDxAE in center and Dundee Snuff suede on right. They are all on the 1 last and 10D.

Thanks for the info. That helps. I think I'm gonna pass and wait to find something that's wider and should fit better. I got excited seeing a good deal for something that I thought could maybe work. The suede looks almost shaggy on them which I wasn't sure of a first but I think they would make a great casual boot.

freshstyle

Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller here. I'm fairly new to the quality footwear game and this thread has been a great resource. I was hoping I could get some feedback from the more seasoned weasels out there.

My first AE purchase was a pair of strands in my usual 9D brannock size. Over time I realized they were definitely too large. I tried the common advice of down one half size and up one letter, and got a pair of 8.5E McGregors. I LOVED the look, but over time they felt a little loose as well.

I don't live near an AE store, but I decided to take a roadtrip to the Somerset store in Troy, MI for a fitting. It was honestly a little disappointing. The customer service was mediocre, and after a quick measurement they insisted I was an 8.5D. I ordered a pair of chili McAllisters and brown Bartletts. The Bartletts feel great, but the McAllisters are pinching my right pinky toe a bit and the V gap is pretty large. The left feels pretty good. I had a foot injury a few years ago, and my right foot juts out a bit near the ball so it's a little wider than the left. I ordered a pair of 8.5Es to compare and they're pretty comfortable, but they feel slightly loose and I worry they'll end up too large. I've worn the 8.5Ds once, and only tried on the 8.5Es. I'm trying to decide if I should try to break in the 8.5Ds, or sell them and roll with the 8.5Es. Any advice?

Here are some fit pictures for reference...

8.5D McAllisters. Pretty wide gap.

8.5Es. They don't look drastically different, but they feel much looser than the 8.5Ds.

Comfy Bartletts. Big fan of these!
What color is that middle pic? It looks to red to be dark chili, or does dark chili look that red?

rumjt

Reaction score
How did you de bourbon the shoes?

I used a leather cleaner, Bick 1, on it not realizing that it would pull most of the burnishing off. They wound up looking kind of like walnut so I darkened them from there with dark brown and used black cream to darken the toes.

freshstyle

Reaction score
PSA: I'm just going to leave this here. I expect these to be gone by tomorrow.

PIck these up before I consider them.

I tried getting a pair of merlot mcallisters that showed in stock at the Consumer assistance center. They didn't have them at all anywhere in the company. Maybe its a glitch or default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads