• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the ridgeway but sent them back, the orange was just too much for me. They might be fine if the purpose is purely casual, but I was looking for something for both casual and bus casual.

They would be worn with denim, 5-pocket cords/pants, and chinos - likely with a button up with the sleeves rolled up. Like you I am hesitant because I worry about the orange and versatility. I really like the orange stitching and would replace the laces. It's that welt that worries me.

BL70

Reaction score
I dug up this pic I took before returning them.

They would be worn with denim, 5-pocket cords/pants, and chinos - likely with a button up with the sleeves rolled up. Like you I am hesitant because I worry about the orange and versatility. I really like the orange stitching and would replace the laces. It's that welt that worries me.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perfect plan! If you are not careful, both could end up being keepers...

I'm honestly more likely to keep the brown grain, because I have nothing like it in my collection. After I ordered the dark chili a few days ago, I was thinking that I already have some shoes in that color (Warwicks), and I have some shortwings in a similar color family (merlot McAllisters), but I don't have any longwings or anything in grain leather. It'll really come down to the shade of the dark chili ones, and whether or not they'd be redundant in my rotation.

All that to say, I could end up keeping both if the chili is dark enough. We'll just have to see when they come in.

Last edited:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dug up this pic I took before returning them.

Helpful @BL70 ! As much as I love Dublin, I think I'll pass on them. At best, maybe I would take them to have the welt sanded down to antique.

BL70

Reaction score
If you can find them, go with the cognac McTavish.
Helpful @BL70
! As much as I love Dublin, I think I'll pass on them. At best, maybe I would take them to have the welt sanded down to antique.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. I have the cognac McTavish and achieve the same look by swapping in orange laces. Yeah, I lose out on the orange welt, but it's much more versatile in that style. I know the cognac McTavish is tough to come by, but they are still out there hiding.

narcosis219

Reaction score
Oops, I saw the striped laces on the AE site but the thumbnail was blue stripes and didn't have the color swatches. Thanks!

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. I have the cognac McTavish and achieve the same look by swapping in orange laces. Yeah, I lose out on the orange welt, but it's much more versatile in that style. I know the cognac McTavish is tough to come by, but they are still out there hiding.

Agree with both of you - though I already own the McT in tan and black. As similar as they are, I was hoping for some slight variation, both in terms of the stitching and the sole. Plus I was hoping for an in-person glance at the double oak with mini lug, as I am leaning towards doing something similar on my Normandy SMU that currently has a full lug (which is too gummy for my liking).

Middlife

Reaction score
The AE gloves are nice on sale. I liked mine when I had them. The best value, though, is to get deerskin gloves from Kent Wang. For $90 plus a one time fee of $30 they will make a pattern for your own "bespoke" gloves. Having had both, the AE gloves do not hold a candle to the quality and fit of the KW gloves.
I will have to take a look. Thanks for the advice.
My understanding is that gloves should complement other leathers in your outfit. So, dark tan or brown would be a safe choice with a camel colored coat as I'm assuming your shoes and briefcase will be earth tones.
Okay, thanks. This makes sense.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The AE gloves are nice on sale. I liked mine when I had them. The best value, though, is to get deerskin gloves from Kent Wang. For $90 plus a one time fee of $30 they will make a pattern for your own "bespoke" gloves. Having had both, the AE gloves do not hold a candle to the quality and fit of the KW gloves.

I was unaware KW did that, that's awesome. I had been watching various Coach and RL gloves on eBay in that same price range, but that would be far more cost effective. It's difficult to think about that right now (I'm wearing an Aloha shirt on my patio, sucking down mint juleps and smoking cigars in 85*F weather), but everntually I'll get black, brown, burgundy, and tan.

horsey shoes

Reaction score
Those cronmoks were actually the natural colored leather (I think AE called it tan) that I used neatsfoot oil on to darken up. I believe there are before/after pics to see how dark I got them from their original tan.
Sadly, I parted with those blondes on the bay last year as they were an E width and I am a solid EEE. I did purchase a pair of the brown cronmoks over the holidays as well and can confirm they have the brown edging as opposed to natural. I have heard of some gents sanding the edges to reveal the natural color beneath.

amphillips79

Reaction score

@amphillips79 - do these not have the natural sole like the current navy or older versions of the brown, like this pic from @horsey shoes (posted back in 2012)?
This pair has a darker brown. I like these better than the lighter natural sole. These were a pair I got from the black friday sale this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads