• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagleman

Reaction score

I went crazy the last couple of months and bought way too many shoes from AE!

You can never buy too many.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with the large wrinkle/gouge running down the quarter?

That is absolutely nothing. They'll have worse wrinkles after the first wear. On the other hand, if the OP can return at no cost after evaluating the firsts, he has nothing to lose.

DaveGee

Reaction score
PSA:

There's at least 1 bourbon Strand in 7.5 E on shoebank. No telling what they look like, but it might worth a shot at $159. Any 8 D people might want to consider it.
Bourbon Strand 7.5 - E / 8 - 3E / 9.5 - E / 10 - D / 13 - 2E / 14 - E

Bourbon Dalton 7.5 - E / 9.5 - E / 14 - 3E

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this said "favorite seller" accept returns for wrong sizing? I thought I've seen on here before that he does but not really sure after reading his eBay policy.
Sizing: If you cover the return shipping, he will refund you. If there's a defect that was not described, he'll cover the shipping.

DaveGee

Reaction score
Sizing question on the Strand to any/all takers...

make that

Sizing question in general for all takers....

I notice people say the Stand and others on that last I'd guess is not easy to fit and or non the same as other lasts?'....Strand in 7.5 E on shoebank. ..snip. Any 8 D people might want to consider it."

Why is this ( I know a little I think) this is due to the specific last that is used in each shoes construction so people often have 'issues' the thing is (read on)...

Well I am 'barely' an 8.5 E ... I could do an 8.5 D but one of my feet (right IIRC) is a little wider than a D so I just usually go right to 8.5 E sizes my feet are otherwise ordinary (as far as I know) no arch issues or other abnormalities. I own 1 Strand (walnut) in 8.5 E and it sure seems to fit okay... So here is my question...

Maybe I've been doing this wrong these past 50 years (49 since I didn't walk right off the bat )?
Is my definition of 'fits okay' simply not true and I just never had a 'really well' fitting shoe?

Now the real question when it comes right down to it...

Am I better off NOT knowing how a 'really well' fitting shoe feels? Will I be miserable with my current choices as a result?

in other words is ignorance bliss?

Constructive comments more than welcome!

Biggquis

Reaction score
Man you guys I never realized how intense shoe care would be. At minimum, would a brush for browns, blacks, and reds plus applicator brushes for all work? Also, would I need a separate brush just for the Bick 4? And then another universal brush for brushing before/after wearing daily?

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man you guys I never realized how intense shoe care would be. At minimum, would a brush for browns, blacks, and reds plus applicator brushes for all work? Also, would I need a separate brush just for the Bick 4? And then another universal brush for brushing before/after wearing daily?
I use the same brush for everythin... but I'm probably in the minority.

Shoes4play

Reaction score

Yes, yes, and maybe/maybe not. I would use a different brush for before/after wearing, matching the polish color. BTW, I have about 15 brushes.

You can never have too many brushes, cloths, and applicators. I stock up every time AE has a sale on them.

Last edited:

Biggquis

Reaction score

Also, would these be something you would make a "lowball" offer on? An obvious defect. He still has them priced pretty high though

Biggquis

Reaction score
Same for everything? I just polished some Walnut shoes for the first time a few days ago... and there is obvious residue on the brush. You would use that on blacks? Man, I sound like a snob

gm928

Reaction score

I'm pretty close to this -- I only have two brushes. One for black shoes, and one for everything else. But I also use neutral shoe polish for all non-black shoes and stay away from the other polish colors. For post-wear brushing, I wipe the shoes down with a damp cloth and then brush (black brush for black shoes, neutral brush for all other shoes). If I condition the shoes, I apply the conditioner with a cloth and then brush with the black brush or the neutral brush.

Middlife

Reaction score
Bourbon Strand 7.5 - E / 8 - 3E / 9.5 - E / 10 - D / 13 - 2E / 14 - E

Bourbon Dalton 7.5 - E / 9.5 - E / 14 - 3E
FYI - The 7.5 E Dalton is a bit on the dull green side, not a great looking pair.

robster35

Reaction score
To those that own a pair of the Cornwallis, do you wear the same size as on the 5 last? Think im going to order a pair in brown

roz77

Reaction score

To those that own a pair of the Cornwallis, do you wear the same size as on the 5 last? Think im going to order a pair in brown

I don't own a Cornwallis, but I tried it on in store once and decided that when I get one, I would be getting the same size as I wear in a StrandMcAllister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024