• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGee

Reaction score
I got whisky on my mind.... also a new UPS package containing these beauties (thanks again for the PSA posting!!).

My ole best friends meeting my newest best friends...

This being my first pair of bourbons .... I am REALLY having a hard time understanding WHY they were being blown out. The bank has a pair of Flatirons in my size (same price) and while I like the Cornwallis better the Flatirons aren't THAT different AND the Flatiron is priced so sweetly. Any advice?

TokenMao

Reaction score
I got whisky on my mind.... also a new UPS package containing these beauties (thanks again for the PSA posting!!).

My ole best friends meeting my newest best friends...

This being my first pair of bourbons .... I am REALLY having a hard time understanding WHY they were being blown out. The bank has a pair of Flatirons in my size (same price) and while I like the Cornwallis better the Flatirons aren't THAT different AND the Flatiron is priced so sweetly. Any advice?

I'd pay more for the Cornwallis because I also like it better than the Flatiron. Wholecuts look better imo as an oxford than as a derby. In most cases I think quality > quantity, and it's better to spend more on something that you like the best rather than to "settle" just because the price is lower.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#dyewwwcb

DaveGee

Reaction score
I'd pay more for the Cornwallis because I also like it better than the Flatiron. Wholecuts look better imo as an oxford than as a derby. In most cases I think quality > quantity, and it's better to spend more on something that you like the best rather than to "settle" just because the price is lower.

Not sure the 'quality > quantity' is _exactly_ right wording tho since these are both quality items we are talking about but yes, thanks for the smack back to reality...

Of course you're probably right... Never 'settle' on something _just_ because it's price is attractive when you know there is something else you'd find more appealing already exists. However, if you are of the opinion that 'either' would make you happy then jump on it since the shoe the quality and the price are dead on.

Last edited:

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
Anyone else have an olive AE? I'm trying to figure out what I'd wear this with. Not really in the market for an olive shoe, but $97 for a Neumok 1.0 2nd is a pretty solid deal.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @Lobster33 there are a few GMTO over in the C&J MTO thread trying to get off the ground. I believe 1 is a brown shell PTB you might be interested in :) (No I am not in on that one so this is not a bump for my own personal benefit haha).

Back on AE topic I'm wearing my black hopkinsons today. I try to save them for when I really need a formal shoe but they told me they were feeling lonely and unwanted so I decided to show them some love. So comfortable. Pictures later.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have an olive AE? I'm trying to figure out what I'd wear this with. Not really in the market for an olive shoe, but $97 for a Neumok 1.0 2nd is a pretty solid deal.

Chinos of just about any color. Jeans as well. My understanding is that those were a bit more green than some of the more recent olive iterations but I might be wrong. Someone posted a picture of these a fair while back. It might even be back in the 2016 thread. Give that a search through.

rumjt

Reaction score

I've been actively searching for that but can't find em in my size. $97 is totally worth it!

StyleinStyle

Reaction score
Hi @rumjt ,maybe you can check out the recent pic by @M635Guy .He has an Olive pair going with blue jeans and it looks quite good.I believe it is Pic.#1210 in this thread.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started stalking the forums about a year and a half ago and I remember someone posting Manton's streamlined 6 shoe wardrobe and thinking okay perfect, I'll just follow his advice and limit myself to only 6 pairs
laugh.gif

http://www.styleforum.net/t/338954/streamlined-shoe-wardrobe/0_30

This was a great starting point to help understand how to start putting together a rotation. Looking back at this now, I realize that I've broken some rules with my calf Merlot McAllisters as well as by wearing shell and suede outside of just winter/fall.

I wear suede year round and think snuff and other lighter suede colors look great in the Summer with a pair of light grey pants, especially if in Fresco or hopsack with a little texture to them. I do put my shell boots away for the Summer, though.

rumjt

Reaction score
Hi @rumjt ,maybe you can check out the recent pic by @M635Guy .He has an Olive pair going with blue jeans and it looks quite good.I believe it is Pic.#1210 in this threa
Thanks for that. I just thought it would be great for really casual jean/chino looks. Unfortunately, couldn't get olive so i went w/ navy. Side note: do you guys try to match belts with these types of colors?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I could find in in my (11.5D or 11.5E) size, I'd by that instantly. (even though I own the Olive Strandmok...)

Last edited:

buzz123

Reaction score

I've had my eye on those.....if it helps push you over the edge. ;)

StyleinStyle

Reaction score
Hi @rumjt I do try to match belts but not too much......I like to keep it casual as much as possible. Also olive belts are hard to come by in leather while blue belts are more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads