• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveCPA

Reaction score
I hear ya - understandable. I've done a LOT of traveling, but never made it to Sydney - always wanted to do that trip.

A friend of mine recently moved there. We want TK do Australia and NZ as well.

Maybe we’ll make it there one day.

If we do, I’ll pick up a nice pair of split toes in your honor.

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Greetings, fellow weasels. I picked up a pair of tan leather laces, and I think their colors complement the natty Higgins pretty well. What do you all think?

2017-10-21 15.04.23.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings, fellow weasels. I picked up a pair of tan leather laces, and I think their colors complement the natty Higgins pretty well. What do you all think?

View attachment 862012

Wearing mine today too. Gotta keep thicker socks on though, a bit of heel slip that I should be able to negate better once they're broken in.

Snapchat-1002373046.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No worries, sorry if I seemed touchy when responding, I’m a little overly defensive after some responses on the other forum about the choice of cruise line. We’re on the Freedom, 7 days to Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel.
I am a little touchy that I am not going on a cruise.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really want to do something unique, but our first child (boy who will one day wear Allen Edmonds) is due in 31 days, so that’s on hold for now. We completed a streak of five years with no less than 31 days of travel, and we’ve done at least one cruise every year since 2009. This was the first year we broke both of those.

Congrats on the boy! As a father of 6 boys, I can certainly say to enjoy them while they are little as they grow up fast.

IMG_1191.jpg FullSizeRender 2.jpg

rumjt

Reaction score
I've learned a lot from this forum but so far, I haven't found a reliable AE SA here in SoCal. It's actually frustrating.
Being an AE fan, I always recommend it with friends and I've converted quite a lot. Sadly when I see them wearing the shoes, 6 out of 10 the sizing is off. Instead of giving the right size like 9.5e, for example, they were given a 10d because they don't bother to order them the right pair.

Do u mind sharing ur SA info via PM? I really want to get another shell before the sale ends
If you're going to the one in South Coast Plaza, Dan Stratton is your man.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rocked my Kirkwoods all morning playing with my daughter, but forgot to take photos.

Unfortunately, AEs are no good for deadlifting, so I’m rocking some non-AEs at the gym while repping my team leading up to the game tonight.
523BEB5E-C045-45F8-9D2A-1C0344A30F22.jpeg
642410C1-73AD-4BEA-A7C8-A957E67C69FE.jpeg
F3E455C2-2494-4F51-8AA6-32AAD602F931.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really want to do something unique, but our first child (boy who will one day wear Allen Edmonds) is due in 31 days, so that’s on hold for now. We completed a streak of five years with no less than 31 days of travel, and we’ve done at least one cruise every year since 2009. This was the first year we broke both of those.
Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your son!!!!! As a father of 3 boys, enjoy the baby times, soon enough you will have grandchildren. I have two granddaughters now. Also buy some AE's for him, just guess a similar size to yours, and squirrel them away. Classic, Vintage, shoes for when he is grown.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WEASEL ALERT

So some of you have seen the pictures of the Reverse Kudu Higgins Mills that are starting to trickle in. If not, take a moment to skim through a few pages of the AE MTO Thread starting here: #9962

Wish you got in on this??? Read below, crossposted from the AE MTO thread:

OK so here is what I've been told by Kristen. If anyone wants in on a Brown Reverse Kudu HM, she says she can get you in at the GTMO price ($350).

Please, as a personal favor to me, be kind. Don't call up expecting random changes to the make up (like "can I get all eyelets", "can I get it in black", "can I get Independence lining" etc.). Not saying there isn't tiny bit of flexibility, like what some people did with a lug sole vs Dainte (and to be clear you'll have to ask her if that can still be done), but PLEASE keep in mind she is going the extra mile for us AS IS. Ask if you like, but do not EXPECT anything other than what you've seen. We're weasels, not badgers.

She also said, if anyone has interest in another GTMO for something, please feel free to reach out to her to see what she can work out. She's been in lots of contact with the production department and has a good handle on whats possible. Same thing if you are looking for a personal MTO (besides the Rev. Kudu HM), though keep in mind the MTO up-charge may apply.

As for an Independence leather Cornwallis, that one she knows AE is not doing at this time.

Ideally, it would be great if we could get a head count of those who are interested in the Rev. Kudu HM in the next couple of days, and get another small group order so submit to her all at once. That way she can have a bit of time to field all the requests in an orderly fashion. If there is sufficient interest, I can make a new Google-Sheet for a round two. If there is only a few people that show interest, then it should be fine to just call individually.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thorlo's?

Fox river tonight. I was issued them for 2012's trip to Afghanistan and they still look and feel new. Fantastic socks. Wool/polypro boot socks, and of course mine are in "approved" colors so.... :hide:

NoYes

Reaction score
Apparently no one thinks I'm funny except ace13x. But that doesn't stop me from trying.

Asking for a friend - I own two pairs of the Patriot in calf. Such a weird fitting shoe. The heel is snug and keeps you nice & secure, the toebox is actually really roomy. But damn, that vamp...if you're a high arch person, that will CRUSH you like nothing else. Is the shell any more forgiving (assuming you've ever tried the calf?)

I have the brown and burgundy in calf. The shell is slightly loose all around but it's ok. It's not the best fitting shoe for me also but it's the closest to the Alden LHS that I can find. The stitching on the Alden LHS is far superior than the AE Patriot but the fit on the Alden is impossible. Im really enamored by the LHS that I wasted so much money on a myriad of size combinations.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox river tonight. I was issued them for 2012's trip to Afghanistan and they still look and feel new. Fantastic socks. Wool/polypro boot socks, and of course mine are in "approved" colors so.... :hide:

No monkeys? Boooooo.

Never tried Fox River, but I've got a lifetime stockpile of Thorlo irregulars that I picked up for around $3/pair average from BCF. I suppose I have irregular feet, cause they seem fine to me.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No monkeys? Boooooo.

Never tried Fox River, but I've got a lifetime stockpile of Thorlo irregulars that I picked up for around $3/pair average from BCF. I suppose I have irregular feet, cause they seem fine to me.
I love Thorlo’s. Have a son who works for a Birkenstock store and I get a few pair of Thorlos every year for Christmas. Funny, but I don’t own any Birkenstock footwear. Wife does though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads