• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Middlife

Reaction score
Some Natty HM action with a friend home for the holidays. We both lucked out and got the Palo Alto store opening 15% off of the $250 sale price back in August. What a great boot.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've searched this thread and didn't see an answer to this question, but do you all know if you can have a pair of "no warranty" shoes from dabondo recrafted by AE or would I need to go to a local cobbler? Thanks in advance.

No warranty just means that AE will not replace them if there's a problem. They can certainly be recrafted. I have a pair of Carlyle's with the no warranty stamp.

@Roycru thanks for the tip. I'm avoiding that garage at all costs. I work close to this area, but had no idea how busy that garage would be.

narcosis219

Reaction score

Today I saw a Allen Edmonds model Madison Avenue derby shoe in saka fifth avenue rack.

When was this shoe made? Were these in their regular line up? So any of you have any info on this model?

Madison Ave is on the 222 last. I confirmed by searching on shoebank.com and filtering by last

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we didn't already, we should do a year in review. Post pics of your 2016 acquisitions.

Happy New Year!

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@St Hubbins , great idea. My year in review for 2016. Thank goodness the amount wasn't nearly as bad as the previous 2 years...

R1: Bourbon Portland, Golden Brown CXL Long Branch, Dark Brown CXL Kirkwood, Golden Brown CXL Rush Street
R2: Brown Kudu Normandy (w/ min distressing, vibram lug sole, RW inserts), Red CXL Kirkwood, Brown Burnished Fifth Street, Natural CXL Oak Street, Brown CXL Maritime
R3: Natural CXL Higgins Mill, Color 8 Dalton (natural split reverse welt, natural edge, RW inserts), Olive Shannon Drive, Navy Cronmok

What can I say... I love CXL and boots!

Have yet to wear the 5th Streets. Waiting on shipment of the Cronmoks, though unsure if I will keep them or not. Also bought and returned the Olive McT (still waiting for UPS to find them and AE to refund my money for those 3 pairs; grrrrrrrrrrr).

Hope everyone has a safe and fantastic NYE! Cheers, to more shoes in 2017!

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
R2: Brown Kudu Normandy (w/ min distressing, vibram lug sole, RW inserts), Red CXL Kirkwood, Brown Burnished Fifth Street, Natural CXL Oak Street, Brown CXL Maritime

The Normandy very much interests me, but there were some concerns on the other thread about very poorly implemented distressing. Did you hand pick your copy?

deker9

Reaction score

Ringing in the New Year with some Loden Strands. Happy New Year Y'all

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Normandy very much interests me, but there were some concerns on the other thread about very poorly implemented distressing. Did you hand pick your copy?

These were a special make-up due to the sole change, so that made it an easy request. Outside of that, I think your best bet would be to hand pick or have a SA order in a handful and reserve the least distressed. FYI - I think the first batches were worse than the current offerings, which seemed to be dialed back slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads