• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterguns

Reaction score
A nice, sunny day here. Always catching compliments with these shoes.

Last edited:

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I think we're getting into a really weird area, here.
Hey fellow travelers who, on occasion, have to worry about the wife/significant other, seeing yet another pair of shoes in the closet. I felt it was time to share a little shoe wisdom I have developed over the last year and a half. I call this "Hiding them in plain sight." I initially bought a hanging shoe bag that held 10 pairs and I quickly realized those empty spaces stood out like a sore thumb and they were really easy to count. I have learned that most wives can count to 10 as they constantly practice it before yelling at their husbands. Ha, kidding....not really very much. I decided that the trick was to make sure there were no blank spaces to count. I told my wife that that this was the perfect place to store my "shoe junk" so that it was not in the floor. Then I insert some extra shoe trees and bags I bought off Ebay into the empty spaces. Presto-chango, a full shoe bag. Now when a new pair arrives I simply switch out the bag and trees with the new pair, with trees and said shoe bag. This will allow you to jump from 5 to 8 to 10 without a bit of notice. Three empty spaces, # 3, 8 & 9, are waiting for me in this bag. Even when I fill it with new shoes, it just all looks the same. Yes, you may now stand slack jawed in amazement. You are welcome.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A nice, sunny day here. Always catching compliments with these shoes.

A couple weeks ago, I was out playing bocce ball with some friends and a guy on the court next to me had a pair of those on. It's easy to see why you get compliments on them. I almost went over and said something to him, but I was only wearing my Normandys at the time, which aren't nearly as recognizable as an AE shoe. Also, it just seemed kind of weird to go up to someone and say, "Nice Strandmoks, dude."

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, I was out playing bocce ball with some friends and a guy on the court next to me had a pair of those on. It's easy to see why you get compliments on them. I almost went over and said something to him, but I was only wearing my Normandys at the time, which aren't nearly as recognizable as an AE shoe. Also, it just seemed kind of weird to go up to someone and say, "Nice Strandmoks, dude."
I get more compliments wearing those shoes than any other pair that I own. Just such a unique look.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been looking at a pair of those on eBay.  How do they look with jeans?  Seems they might be too dressy.

I personally don't wear them with jeans but there are probably some people who would.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think we're getting into a really weird area, here.
Quote:
I don't think its "really weird" at all. I just view this as sharing some "man knowledge" and it falls under the "etc" of the "news, pictures, sizing, accessories, clothing, etc." purpose of the thread. I try to find something to break up the ever present sizing and "is this normal and should I return these?" posts. Some will appreciate it and others will not.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled up to work along side a work colleague this morning. Couldn't find an excuse to shake him and was too embarrassed to pause our conversation/walk in order to snap some shoe pics. Instead you get crappy indoor lighting and dated bathroom floor tile for my (formerly) Walnut Wednesday...

narcosis219

Reaction score
Pulled up to work along side a work colleague this morning. Couldn't find an excuse to shake him and was too embarrassed to pause our conversation/walk in order to snap some shoe pics. Instead you get crappy indoor lighting and dated bathroom floor tile for my (formerly) Walnut Wednesday...

What model is this? Is this the LGA Wingtip in walnut? Anyone know if it is calfskin? Doesn't explicitly say on the AE website

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@narcosis219 , the above are Dalton boots. Sorry I didn't list that...

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But... my LGAs have been confused as Daltons before. I don't have any pics handy, but this post has one and I talk more about the construction in this post. Hope this helps!

Weathered

Reaction score
Supremely in love with these Daltons - they're in a clear tie with my Carlyles for most comfortable shoes. Now I'm hoping that the aforementioned shell event happens when my bonus pays out, because I might get nuts and see if I can get a pair in navy shell.

RLeslieS

Reaction score
My Neumok 2.0's in brown kudu arrived yesterday, and I was disappointed. They're just way too close in appearance to my new Thousand Oaks. The Thousand Oaks are much darker in reality than they appear in the website photography (in which they look café au lait). Since I've already worn the Thousand Oaks, I'm glad I like them better than the Neumoks, which will be going back.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: pic heavy/unashamedly, gushingly, enthusiastic review

Received my Massdrop chukkas today.

Wow. Just....wow.

When I purchased these, it was definitely an impulse- i wasn't sure if I really wanted to spend the money on them (or if I wanted the chocolate, and not snuff), but I went ahead and pulled the trigger bc of the scarcity of the chocolate. My hesitations were quickly forgotten today:

Maybe I don't get out much, but this is seriously the softest suede I've ever felt. Comparing these to my Strands is like comparing my RLPL cashmere sweater to sandpaper. The unlined floppiness only adds to the luxurious feel of these:

Speaking of comparing to my Strands, the chocolate is a bit lighter (and has more of a sheen in the light) than the brogue suede Strands:

I was concerned about fit after reading some comments online and it felt tight across the instep when I was putting it on, but they fit perfectly. The last is just sleeker than what I'm used to, which is good IMHO- these are far dressier than a pair of Clarks DB's, for instance:

Super impressed with these, I feel like they're a step up from my other AE's (and they make for a helluva first chukka)- I'm almost afraid to wear them out lol. If/when MD does the 3rd round, I'll probably be in for a pair of the snuff as well.

Outtake: one of our cats was super interested in my super soft shoes-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads