• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This pair is one of my favorites.

I love the color and the texture.
Knowing that they're uncommon probably adds to my enjoyment of these.

Last edited:

mdubya

Reaction score
Anyone with Higgins Mills notice that the stitching on the sole is wearing extremely quickly? I think it is because the dainite is very low-profile compared to the standard dainite and the stitching was not channeled. Im a bit worried because Ive had the boots for a month or so and they already look like they need a re-sole. Whereas my other dainite soled footwear still looks new after years...

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supremely in love with these Daltons - they're in a clear tie with my Carlyles for most comfortable shoes. Now I'm hoping that the aforementioned shell event happens when my bonus pays out, because I might get nuts and see if I can get a pair in navy shell.

Love that Seiko Diver. I've got an SKX009K2, but that one looks vintage. Nice boots, too!

RichieP

Reaction score

Hey fellow travelers
who, on occasion, have to worry about the wife/significant other, seeing yet another pair of shoes in the closet. I felt it was time to share a little shoe wisdom I have developed over the last year and a half. I call this "Hiding them in plain sight." I initially bought a hanging shoe bag that held 10 pairs and I quickly realized those empty spaces stood out like a sore thumb and they were really easy to count. I have learned that most wives can count to 10 as they constantly practice it before yelling at their husbands. Ha, kidding....not really very much. I decided that the trick was to make sure there were no blank spaces to count. I told my wife that that this was the perfect place to store my "shoe junk" so that it was not in the floor. Then I insert some extra shoe trees and bags I bought off Ebay into the empty spaces. Presto-chango, a full shoe bag. Now when a new pair arrives I simply switch out the bag and trees with the new pair, with trees and said shoe bag. This will allow you to jump from 5 to 8 to 10 without a bit of notice. Three empty spaces, # 3, 8 & 9, are waiting for me in this bag. Even when I fill it with new shoes, it just all looks the same.
Yes, you may now stand slack jawed in amazement. You are welcome.
You sir, are one filthy barnweasel!

Last edited:

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The sale Normandy seconds showed up today. I only found one issue with them and it's on the inside, bottom, and I don't think anyone's going to even notice. After all it's a distressed boot so I think it's fine. All the rest of the boots are a OK and fit is spot on, planning on madden voyage tomorrow.

Opinions?

pudman43

Reaction score

The sale Normandy seconds showed up today. I only found one issue with them and it's on the inside, bottom, and I don't think anyone's going to even notice. After all it's a distressed boot so I think it's fine. All the rest of the boots are a OK and fit is spot on, planning on madden voyage tomorrow. Opinions?
Totally agree, that's no worse than what you'll probably do them yourself in a week. Enjoy!!!!!! J

styleaudit91

Reaction score
@orange fury Looking good! I probably would have gone choc. if they were available but I went with Snuff, and am in the Feb. delivery group. Glad to see a prominent SF'er post some pics, February cant come soon enough! Is the length pretty comparable to the 5? I'm a 12 in the 5 but don't have a lot of room for a shorter shoe.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads