• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I gotta say, I'm not a casual sneaker guy, nor can i afford to drop 250 on a non re-craftable shoe; but I really like the Brisbane in walnut design; and I would purchase if I was a little wealthier. I might have to go look for a leather sneaker now. 
You know, J&M has some decent (and some atrocious) sneakers in leather or suede. About half the price of the Brisbane and Cheetah. For that price point, it needs to be either recraftable (probably can't be done with a sneaker sole) or made in the US (as Rancourt does for only marginally more expensive). I'll stick with my Pumas.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. His stuff is just as described. Got my Normandy's from him. If he had more in my size, I'd be in serious trouble. BTW he also has some AE belts, though I've never purchased a belt from him.

I've gotten 2 belts from him. One new, one used. Would definitely buy again. I think he's a great seller and don't be afraid to make an offer on his shoes. He came down significantly on a pair for me, but I just couldn't swing it at the time. I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to do business with him.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1af96c3cd1d291b26d30d18f132c7556.jpg

Has anyone purchased from the seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, twice. Great, seamless transactions. The shoes always look better in real life than in the photos he takes.

Many times. He is amazing. I would use him again if he had something I wanted.

Great seller, bought my Maritimes and a shell belt from him. I follow him in case anything of interest pops up.

lemmy127

Reaction score
$40 eBay find for Friday: burgundy shell MacNeils

Also just ordered some lightly worn burgundy shell Graysons for $110 on eBay

The seller didn't know they were shell... they actually mentioned some bloom on the shoes without knowing what it was: "(photo shows a white powdery substance on tassel but that easily wiped off)". They must have been sitting in a closet for a few decades, because the retail price on the shoe box was only $335.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dusted off the Fenway long wings today. I've been debating selling these, as they just don't get worn much. They are my only LWBs, so I've always held on to them until I can replace with a newer model. These were originally walnut, but have a had a few coats of dark chili and cognac, plus navy on the toe. I'm thinking a few more coats of navy and these will be ready...

What brand of navy polish do you use and where can you get it? Those are looking sweet.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brand of navy polish do you use and where can you get it? Those are looking sweet.

Thanks, @smfdoc ! I am slowly building my confidence up with my polishing/burnishing skills. Figure these old "beaters" are the perfect practice pair.

They initially had AE walnut (out of the tube) - but I didn't like the orange direction they were headed. I hit them once with the old AE chili and that helped. Since then it has been a few alternating coats of AE dark chili (tube) and Meltonian cognac. For the toe and broguing areas I use light coats of Meltonian navy and brush with my black brush. (Ironically, I very rarely wear black shoes, but do have a need for a black brush/polishing cloth. So whenever that happens I re-polish the same pair of old black boots that never get worn.)

I think it is also worth mentioning that a couple layers of Bick 4 prior to polishing really helps add that "pop."

PbgGuy

Reaction score
@tmchow I haven't noticed any sizing issues in regard to AE belts being unusually short or long. I'll typically go one size higher with my belt size (with all belt brands) and this suits me just as fine with AE as it does with other brands.

I'll add that im far from an expert in AE belt cuts so perhaps others with more knowledge would care to chime in......

catlettsl

Reaction score
1. Walnut Mcgregor
2. Chili Mcgregor
3. Walnut Rogue

Which do you recommend. Many business casual, slacks and sport coats, occasionally with a suit.

Thx

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. Walnut Mcgregor
2. Chili Mcgregor
3. Walnut Rogue

Which do you recommend. Many business casual, slacks and sport coats, occasionally with a suit.

Thx

Both are brougued bluchers, so I do not think there is much difference in the level of formality. The Rogue is a leather sole, as is the McGregor, unless you opt for the Dainite in the McGregor, so they are both equal in that respect. Given this, the main difference is the color. The walnut Rogue, which I own, is not as versatile with multiple colors, IMO. I would choose the chili McGregor just because I think it works with more colors and it is also great looking.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
1. Walnut Mcgregor
2. Chili Mcgregor
3. Walnut Rogue

Thx

For versatility, I'd take the chili over walnut any day.

catlettsl

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,... 
Quote:
Both are brougued bluchers, so I do not think there is much difference in the level of formality. The Rogue is a leather sole, as is the McGregor, unless you opt for the Dainite in the McGregor, so they are both equal in that respect. Given this, the main difference is the color. The walnut Rogue, which I own, is not as versatile with multiple colors, IMO. I would choose the chili McGregor just because I think it works with more colors and it is also great looking.
Interesting you feel the walnut isn't versatile. I have walnut Mcallister and I get a lot of wear out of them. Maybe it's the brogue that makes them look/feel darker. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut Rutledges on a rare non-casual* Friday:

The weird thing is, these fit totally different than my new University in the same size. Much looser fit. I swear the past year or so they've been lasting the shoes much tighter.

*ok, walnut makes it semi-casual.

texas9

Reaction score
Wearing 11.5D PAs now. There is some space between the top of my foot and the vamp -- how is the creasing?

RtCI13P.jpg

f8tT0AX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads