• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkebh979

Reaction score
Mojave mo problems.

Additional props to Daniel at the river oaks store in Houston, for setting me up with some first-class bourbon mcallisters and dealing with my neuroses.

Last edited:

FaRKle

Reaction score
Walnut Rutledges on a rare non-casual* Friday:

The weird thing is, these fit totally different than my new University in the same size. Much looser fit. I swear the past year or so they've been lasting the shoes much tighter.

*ok, walnut makes it semi-casual.

It's probably the leather. All my Indy line shoes seem a bit looser than their counterparts on the same last.

AdironDoc

Reaction score
Decisions, decisions... it always comes down to flipping a coin.
biggrin.gif

nbj08

Reaction score
Black McTavishes today. I absolutely wouldn't wear it if it didn't have the natural colored sole.

redmusic1

Reaction score
Wearing 11.5D PAs now. There is some space between the top of my foot and the vamp -- how is the creasing?

RtCI13P.jpg

f8tT0AX.jpg

Unacceptable creasing is that which causes structural damage or itself causes a fit issues. Looks fine to me. If they feel good, they fit good. I have great creasing on a pair a little too long, and (what I would call) bad creasing on a pair that fits perfect. Probably because of my extra long toes. Feet are different and the creasing will be different on every shoe regardless of what some may say.

redmusic1

Reaction score
You know, J&M has some decent (and some atrocious) sneakers in leather or suede. About half the price of the Brisbane and Cheetah. For that price point, it needs to be either recraftable (probably can't be done with a sneaker sole) or made in the US (as Rancourt does for only marginally more expensive). I'll stick with my Pumas.

I checked out the J&M. They are all right and I may go look at some in person this week-end. However, they just don't look as good on the web (price tag excluded of course).

Shoedude

Reaction score
[/IMG]I just got my mcalisters delivered yesterday. They were special ordered since I ordered a 9.5 B. Is love input on two questions:

1. The insole of the right shoe is a little "bouncy" like it'll occasionally come up slightly and when it gets pressed down it lets out some air. The left one isn't like that, it's firmly in place. Any suggestions, opinions?

2. I got a pair of 9.5 B walnut strands about 2 weeks ago and they fit great. Although the mcalisters are on the same last I think these mcalisters might be too big despite being the same size. Can strands & mcalisters in fact fit differently? Anybody with similar experience have a suggestion?

Vey new to AEs here so I appreciate the input :)

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I am getting the new double monk on crepe....that is right up my alley and I wish the Brisbane sneaker had tan rubber instead of white but who knows on clearence that might go well with my summer wardrobe

Last edited:

Middlife

Reaction score
Bourbon strands came in. Loving them. No noticeable defects or issues with the pair.

Nice looking shoes! I have yet to roll the bourbon dice but I would be quite pleased with that outcome.

alexnb

Reaction score
Mojave mo problems.

Additional props to Daniel at the river oaks store in Houston, for setting me up with some first-class bourbon mcgregors and dealing with my neuroses.
Great looking shoes! Always wish I could have gotten a pair -- but as usual, they weren't made in my narrow size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads