1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagleman

eagleman Senior Member

[​IMG]
    First time poster. Long time reader. Casual Friday with my new Boones

2. bathiel

bathiel Senior Member

I have both the Fred and the Dalton (in walnut and oxblood) and think you're right. The Dalton is definitely sleeker and more refined than the Fred. That said, I like them both.

Bernie

3. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior Member

The sneakers are a bit more expensive than I'd like. Still, I think I'm going to swing by a store to check them out. I like the Brisbane.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

4. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

I'm learning the AE pose (I think.) Black dundees for a Friday
    [​IMG]

5. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Dusted off the Fenway long wings today. I've been debating selling these, as they just don't get worn much. They are my only LWBs, so I've always held on to them until I can replace with a newer model. These were originally walnut, but have a had a few coats of dark chili and cognac, plus navy on the toe. I'm thinking a few more coats of navy and these will be ready...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior Member

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...

Thanks for all the quick replies! Does anyone know where he sources his shoes from? Thank you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Middlife

Middlife Senior Member

I agree with the general consensus so far. Chili seems to be one of the most versatile colors not currently in your rotation and does work with navy/charcoal. The long wing blutcher is also a good idea as you have enough balmorals/captoes and you can rock a LWB with slacks. The McGregor or Macneil should fit the bill depending on size availability and your price range.

8. tmchow

tmchow Senior Member

Thanks for the reply.

One question on belt sizing. I'm a 30 waist size in jeans and normally buy a 34 belt in casual belts.

Are AE belts sized differently so I should stick to their reco of being a 32? Or are their belts the same size as other belts and I should stick with my usual 34?

9. Nolaman

Nolaman Well-Known Member

Those are looking nice!

10. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior Member

You will love them, but will be afraid to wear them [​IMG]. I keep a extra pair of brown shoes in the car or shoe covers when I will wear these.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

11. manowar

manowar Senior Member

Those look good, keep them. More and more I am considering navy polish for my non-black shoes, it seems like most people prefer it over black polish "burnishing". I am in the process of turning an old pair of Cole Haans into a bourbon, with black and AE bourbon polishes. The blue sets of the cognac very well though.

12. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

Got a sweet pair of Strandmoks on ebay for $80 that look practically new. I went with my standard 5 last size (which is a bit snug on me), will these still fit? If not... I guess I'll insole them for that price.

13. Roycru

Roycru Distinguished Member

Wearing Snuff Suede Neumoks today.......

[​IMG]

14. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior Member

I gotta say, I'm not a casual sneaker guy, nor can i afford to drop 250 on a non re-craftable shoe; but I really like the Brisbane in walnut design; and I would purchase if I was a little wealthier. I might have to go look for a leather sneaker now.

15. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

You know, J&M has some decent (and some atrocious) sneakers in leather or suede. About half the price of the Brisbane and Cheetah. For that price point, it needs to be either recraftable (probably can't be done with a sneaker sole) or made in the US (as Rancourt does for only marginally more expensive). I'll stick with my Pumas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.