• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hadn't polished my shoes for a while now, so decided to do some of them tonight.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

True, but the one eyed man is the King in the land of the blind.
And in the land of incontinent drunks, the man with stilts is king.

Which is why I need navy shell first aves (bastards didn't bring back the Bayfield) with a lug sole. Winter and bar bathrooms.

Scarlet

Reaction score
Made a road trip to the Columbus store today. If I traveled back in time two years ago and told my past self that I would be driving 160 miles to try on a $335 pair of shoes, my past self would probably stab me.

I tried a 12B HM on my left foot, but it felt too short so I decided just to keep the 13Bs for both feet. Also tried on some 13B Cornwallis in lieu of Washington Squares. Despite reading many reviews on the website saying they ran small, the 13B fit pretty well, which means I'll eventually get major heel slip with the left one as I break them in. But I'm pretty sure 12 would be too short so I just got ordered 13 Wash Squares for both. Really disappointing that AE is reducing the number of sizes they make everything in now that I'm finally getting a better understanding of what my feet need.

Tried on one of the suede blazers too. Pretty nice, but I can't eat that for the rest of the month.

catalla

Reaction score
Hey all need some advice. I'm looking to take advantage of the current sale. I was thinking about either getting the fifth avenue or the delrays. Not sure which to get or in which color I was thinking maybe brown. I currently have the Carlyle and strand in walnut and park avenue in merlot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all need some advice. I'm looking to take advantage of the current sale. I was thinking about either getting the fifth avenue or the delrays. Not sure which to get or in which color I was thinking maybe brown. I currently have the Carlyle and strand in walnut and park avenue in merlot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you can't go wrong with a chili Delray or chili Fifth Ave. I don't personally like the (dark) brown Delray, and I'm not sure why. I would rather have a brown Fifth Ave. I think the FA would be more versatile, but this is just my subjective opinion. I personally think the Delray is more dressy. But if you go with brown, I think the FA would be a better choice.

Last edited:

SVS

Reaction score

If anyone has been on the fence about a Sea Island loafer, head over to the Rack. They have brown ($104) and olive ($89) for a song right now.

A fair amount of sizes in the olive, but brown is really limited.

The only size left happened to be mine. Thank you! I still need navy ...

terras14

Reaction score

The cost of the first, not on sale, is $650. The second, on sale, is $450, for a $200 savings. The issue with the second shoe will be superficial and not affect the structure. Order the second on sale and check it out. See if the defect is worth the $200 savings. This will vary between different shoes and with your own personal tolerance for imperfections. Order the second now and you will have your answer in a week. If it's not acceptable, return the second and order the first while its still on sale. at the very worst, you will get a first quality shoe and save about $100. If the second quality is acceptable, you will save $200 off regular price.

Hi thanks for the advice.

Newberry

Reaction score

I use to see this guy talk mad trash about Allen Edmonds on a lot of AE YouTube videos. He even posted a YouTube video about a pair of Fifth Avenues and how long they would last if you would beat them up with zero maintenance lol. What a waste of a great pair of shoes. Now I see him talking trash on the official Allen Edmonds Facebook page. I just don't get it. Why bother commenting if you don't like the brand? Just ignore it or even block it if you must. I just hope he never finds his way to Styleforum or else he'll really annoy the sh!t out of all of us...

inchyko

Reaction score
Hi,

Im a size 8E on the 65 last (currently have a Strand). What size should I get on the 201 last? same size (8E)? Looking to get a Neumok :)

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Japan for the moment, so I can't (easily) call and ask, but can I get a custom-sole Strandmok if I order directly through a store/SA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads