• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know who the Dark Chili Mora 2.0s are made for? I was told this was offered earlier in the year though I honestly didn't remember it being part of the chili sale.

It looks like they are available now on the main AE site. Mystery solved.

And @SLCRich is going to love this. The Fifth Avenue and McAllister are now available in... wait for it... Oxblood.

Talk amongst yourselves.

JLC2

Reaction score

Quote:
I use kiwi neutral on my Strands mostly, sometimes mixing in a dark brown for a moderate antique look.

Not sure if you know how to properly shine a shoe, but here is my method:

1. Apply leather conditioner (Bick 4 is what I mainly use, but also Saphir Renovateur or Lexol), let dry, then brush.
2. Apply shoe cream (I typically use Meltonian neutral on my walnut shoes, mixing in some AE walnut polish from time to time to add color), let dry and brush.
3. Apply a layer of wax polish, let dry and buff with a shine cloth or brush. For a new shoe, you can do this twice.
4. Apply additional coats of wax to the toe cap and heels to develop a nice shine. You can go for a spit shine for your last coat if you know how to do this.

After this, you should have a nice finish on the areas of the shoe that you beat up the most (toe cap/heels).
Assume, thanks for the guide! Is this the right Kiwi wax/polish? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kiwi-Paste-Polish-Neutral/25289309

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It looks like they are available now on the main AE site. Mystery solved.

And @SLCRich is going to love this. The Fifth Avenue and McAllister are now available in... wait for it... Oxblood.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Fifth Ave looks so hot in ox

FaRKle

Reaction score
Yummy.

My brown shell Cornwallis-es just arrived! They're beautiful!

Workmanship is excellent, I'm 4 for 4 this year on AE shell quality.

Too bad I got home too late to take pics with good outdoor lighting.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy **** guys, there's now a navy Park Ave and grey Strand on the website. Full retail price though. Navy Strands are also back, but again, full retail. .
I also see Midnight Navy and Grey Cornwallis and Grey St. John's. Not sure how practical these are, but generally all cool looking. IMO the Oxblood McAllister, Grey Strand and Midnight Navy Park Avenue are the coolest of the bunch.

Last edited:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also see Midnight Navy and Grey Cornwallis and Grey St. John's. Not sure how practical these are, but generally all cool looking.

I pray there will be some kind of discount on the Park Aves. This is one of my dream shoes I've been waiting for, but 395 is a lot. Gonna sleep on this one and hope it's not gone after 3 days.

P12OFIT

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the best penny loafer model for casual wear. Randolph? Cavanaugh?

roz77

Reaction score
Hah, I already have a pair of McAllisters in Merlot and I'm sure my dumb brain will want them in oxblood too. I probably don't need to be that redundant though. Although I could get the Strands in oxblood...

roz77

Reaction score
Yummy.

My brown shell Cornwallis-es just arrived! They're beautiful!

Workmanship is excellent, I'm 4 for 4 this year on AE shell quality.

Too bad I got home too late to take pics with good outdoor lighting.

How does one go about obtaining a pair of the Cornwallis in shell?

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, these are under the new styles section. The "Rudolph."

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think your satisfaction with the Boone will depend on why you are buying them and how you envision them in your wardrobe. I ordered a pair because I enjoyed my suede MacNeils. For me, their softness made them look more causal than I wanted. My biggest issue was the tight fit in the vamp. The shoes also closed poorly for my foot shape and left a very wide ga that exceeded my personal tolerance. The suede MacNeil, in contrast, had more leather and the closure was more than sufficient. Closure of similar calf shoes. Given these issues I sent them back and I will keep my eyes open for something else.
Thanks for posting. They look blobbier than I thought. BTW, what are those pebble grain wingtips in the last pic?
They are NOS Hanovers that were being worn for the first time today! I did a post about them at the vintage dress shoe thread. My shoes always look blobby cause they are EEE.

FaRKle

Reaction score
How does one go about obtaining a pair of the Cornwallis in shell?

It's a SMU (special make up) order. The fee is $125 on top of the normal $650 shell shoe cost. Mario at the SF Sutter St. store and Jay at the Walnut Creek store are the guys I use to do my SMU orders. Both are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads