1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kopo

kopo Well-Known Member

Thanks @Neo1, but why the Le Marche? Overall shape looks the same, only difference I see is the sole and lighter color. As reference, I love wearing my dark brown Ashtons with jeans, but they're more chunky than both these.

2. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Several people have mentioned the Saphir special through Mass Drop, but I have not seen a link to see which specific Saphir products are being offered. However, I wanted to throw my $0.02 into the mix to say I have used the Renovateur and the cordovan cream to great satisfaction. I used the #8 cream a single application on these PTBs I am wearing today and they just have a nice glow now that I am really appreciating. (Sorry for the lack of sun on this rare foggy morning.) They are not cheap in price, but I have been really pleased with the results.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    3 people like this.
  3. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

If you don't have an account to which you're logged in, this link won't mean anything or show anything, but.....

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/saphir-cream-polishes-and-conditioner

It's 2 jars for 29.99 (plus 7.75 for shipping), polish in 7 colors and/or renovateur.

4. Weathered

Weathered Active Member

Got notification that my Massdrop chukkas are to be delivered by EOD today, and I'm stuck at the office for the next 9 hours. Patience was never my virtue.

5. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

A few shots with the Dundees overseas from this past weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Dalton 2nds drop down to $259 from time to time. I ordered a pair at this price in October.

7. Incainwetrust

Incainwetrust Active Member

Well my brannock is 11 D/E depending on the foot. With a slightly higher volume midfoot

8. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@kopo Guess you threw me a little with that... So are you like the denim with park aves guy? Are you looking for a sort of dressy shoe still, or would you go way more casual?

The le marche is literally the Lexington, made of something that felt like cxl. It seemed like what you were going for at first.

9. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Incainwetrust Still doesn't tell me much - I personally own 6.5D, 7D, 7E, 7.5D, & 8B. What do you have, and what size(s).

10. drile

drile Active Member

I think I'm going to order a pair of the Shannon Drive. I'm a 10E on the 65 last with a pretty flat foot - would you guys do the same size on the 201 last?

Also, what belt do you guys wear with the Olive Shannon Drive?

11. Incainwetrust

Incainwetrust Active Member

@Neo1 I own only two pairs of AE. Higgins Mill and Shannon Drive, both in 10.5E. The Higgins Mill has slight heel slippage. I first purchased the Higgins Mill in 10.5D but my longest toe rubbed on the front of the boot.

12. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

There are several Bourbon seconds on eBay for $299 free shipping or best offer I'm reasonably sure you can get them for an offer of $250.

13. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Incainwetrust Much better. So the boone should resemble the Higgins, but unlined suede will create more volume. But you raised a good point - you never want something where you touch the front. If possible I would get 10.5D & 10.5E. If you even have a nail's length to the end in the 10.5D, I'd go forward with breaking them in. I'd be worried you may be sloshing around more than you'd prefer with the 10.5E.

(Edit) Thought about this a little - if the 201 works better, why not just go for a strandmok 2 in 10.5E, assuming it's available - might not be though...Nordstrom had them on sale for bf for 147 minus 20%, so maybe they were wiped out.

14. Mat Waites

Mat Waites Senior member

I would go with same size - that is what I did and I am happy with the SD fit.

15. drile

drile Active Member

Awesome. I'm going to order today. Thanks!

16. ClearlyChaotic

ClearlyChaotic Member

Can anyone offer advice on which AE belt(s) work best with the Acorn Hillfire Neumoks? I also noticed the tan Dry Fork belt is on clearance, but I can not picture it as a great match for any of the shoes that I own/am considering. Any thoughts on the shoes with which it would best be paired?

Thanks

17. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Sorry, little irrelevant but how awesome is the acorn neumok - I can't believe the condition of the pair I got from BF. Huge thanks to @007Bond

18. lodemia

lodemia Senior member

I agree - wore them to a dinner on sunday, and a single drop of grease dripped on the tip. The "put baby powder on suede for 24 hours" trick worked, thank goodness!

19. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

"Tannenbaum Tuesday":
    [​IMG]

Context:
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  20. ClearlyChaotic

ClearlyChaotic Member

I know! Incredible shoe and I can't believe that it was only $99.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.