1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I've always had better service via outlets. Not sure exactly why.

I think a huge key is to establish a relationship with 1 outlet and 1 retail associate/manager. That should cover all your bases. Maybe Kelly or Allison if you need specific CS assistance.

2. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Olive Shannon Drives arrived today. Some slight lines in the finish, but other than that, completely flawless. Such a deal for firsts ($120)! Seriously, everyone should grab these via ebay store.

I'm a huge fan of the McT (own it in tan and black), but the olive ones are headed back. Too close to the tan pair, plus the SDs fit better, have better finish, work better for my casual leaning wardrobe, and are $80 cheaper.

I'll get pics up of both... if the sun ever comes out again.

1 person likes this.
  3. abidj

abidj Well-Known Member

These are very nice.

4. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Jeffersonville and the South Charleston stores have been my best experiences. Avoid the Maine store.

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I'd like to see them both in good light

6. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

You should stop by. I'm not sure if they do tours, but I would at least go and look around. I plan to do this eventually.

7. bathiel

bathiel Senior member

Agree wholeheartedly. Kim and Kristle are awesome.

Bernie

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

What if you think you might have to go straight from a meeting at work to a squishy Christmas tree lot at lunch in a steady drizzle with no time to change into boots?

You reach for your Black Hills, of course.

Frosty approves.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I called and asked if I could pick up my MD chukkas, but they said they ship from another warehouse. Let's see if I have time tomorrow before my flight out.

10. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Nice. I wore my BHs in the rain while Christmas tree shopping on Saturday.

11. mosy

mosy Senior member

thank you

12. Incainwetrust

Incainwetrust Active Member

I've been interested in a unlined suede derby. For those who own the Allen Edmonds Boone, how do you like them? And what size should I go after? I'm a 10.5 E in the 201 last. Thanks so much.

13. kopo

kopo Well-Known Member

Been looking at a pair of those on eBay. How do they look with jeans? Seems they might be too dressy.

14. Hayseeds

Hayseeds Member

Does anyone have photos of the Rudolph in the wild?

15. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@kopo Personally I think the Lexington with denim wouldn't look right. If they are available, I'd check out the le marche, but keep in mind it will feel a little looser.

1 person likes this.
  16. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Hayseeds Someone on here posted pics a little while back. I don't have them personally (apparently they only made a few 7s and now they're 8D and above) but l looked at them enough and ill give you my 2 cents. They are literally the brown distressed strandmok with a red captoe. So on one hand, they are sort of a bargain, plus I wouldn't say these look like a Christmas shoe only. On the other hand, the red creates a hard contrast with the rest of the shoe (none of which has any red). They throw on these red or candy cane laces but that doesn't help much. I literally recognized these from like 5 feet away because of that captoe, point being it is not blended in at all. I would try it and see how you feel - they seem a little weird / tough to pull off. The jingle bell mok color pattern seems much better thought out, but that really does look like a Christmas shoe, so sortof a toss up.

17. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Incainwetrust That isn't much info to go on, so based on that I would say first 10.5E and then 10.5D. If neither worked (which I'd be surprised) I'd go 11D, but that's a long shot.

18. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@middlepP That had to have been the worst release ever by AE in terms of planning. The Shannon came out last BF with that soft white sole, I (and many others) were totally uninterested. Then that butyl sole version trickles into shoebank, and finally 1sts end up on eBay at firesale prices. Why not just release the butyl one first? I totally would have picked that one up.

19. Mat Waites

Mat Waites Senior member

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  20. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.